Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newegg made things right, but they were still wrong.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm 

I just recently built a new pc. Aside from one of my video cards being DOA newegg issued an RMA and paid for shipping and was very helpful through the process.

However, i have a 27 inch monitor which also needed to be RMA'd. Its a LG 27" monitor and apparently the touch panel on the front is near worthless. The problem didn't stop there tho. Not only was the touch panel flaky at best, i'd get random pop ups of the on screen display menu's or a message stating "OSD LOCKED", the menu lights would flicker on and off, and lastly the monitor would randomly shut off. If you know neweggs monitor replacement policy it has to have 8 dead pixels or more to qualify as defective or else you need to deal with the manufacturer directly. I took a chance and contacted newegg, and to my surprise they issued me a RMA, and for shipping and told me to send it back for a replacement.

This is where i got upset. After printing the label and fixing it to the outside of the box I noticed two other shipping labels with mine being placed over top one of them. The address was completely different, and the label addressed to me was from the RMA warehouse. Had Newegg sent me someone else s trouble? I was furious and contacted them straight away to let them know how disappointed i was about this. Why would they send me a refurbished/RMA'd or anything other than a NEW monitor that I paid for?

Her explanation was that someone bought it, and refused it upon receiving it, so it went to the RMA warehouse. Whether this is true or not I don't know. She assured me that I would be receiving a brand new monitor upon receiving the other.

Anyone else experience anything like this from Newegg? I won't stop shopping there. I've dealt with them for many years and have always appreciated their service, shipping, and willingness to make wrongs right again. Just really bothered me when i saw that today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Well, from every place I have seen the only department that has direct contact to shipping and receiving is packaging. Basically, the packaging dpt will get a printout telling them to grab specific items and bundle them up into one bigger box, they stick a package contents paper to it that has a bunch of numbers on it and they hand it off to S/R.

S/R affixes the label, sorts for priority and hands the package off to the parcel service. Sales and service rarely have any contact with them.

Newegg moves a lot of product, shit will happen, the only true complaint would be if they refused to fix the problem or didn't fix it in a timely manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:50 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

drainbread wrote:
Well, from every place I have seen the only department that has direct contact to shipping and receiving is packaging. Basically, the packaging dpt will get a printout telling them to grab specific items and bundle them up into one bigger box, they stick a package contents paper to it that has a bunch of numbers on it and they hand it off to S/R.

S/R affixes the label, sorts for priority and hands the package off to the parcel service. Sales and service rarely have any contact with them.

Newegg moves a lot of product, shit will happen, the only true complaint would be if they refused to fix the problem or didn't fix it in a timely manner.

this. You just got unlucky. Newegg's service is awesome. I got a better PSU (PCP&C 420W vs. SeaSonic 350W) than I paid for once because of an inventory error they made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

Did you call them or notify them in any way? Or did they contact you about it?

Post subject: Re: Newegg made things right, but they were still wrong.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:24 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

silence wrote:
Her explanation was that someone bought it, and refused it upon receiving it, so it went to the RMA warehouse.

Assuming this is true, then it should be sold as an open box item, assuming there's nothing wrong with it. There's no way for them to know if the contents were damaged in shipping, regardless if the box was opened by the customer or not.

In either case, you're deserving of a new product, which is what they made right.

Having a friend of mine purchase a monitor that size recently (a hannspree), I will say the stock of these things are pretty limited at the stores we checked out, so I theorize that there may have been a stock issue that started this out. I guess be glad the item didn't go into backorder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 pm 

bigtoyota479 wrote:
Did you call them or notify them in any way? Or did they contact you about it?

I called them about it. This is when she assured me I'd get a brand new monitor.. I fully understand things happen, especially with a company the size of newegg. I was more or less just sharing my story about the issue at hand.. Hopefully the next monitor will work the way it should and I won't have to worry about it anymore :)

like i said.. I'll always continue to use newegg, overall they are a great company that usually do right for the customers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am 
Klamath
Klamath

I can see undamaged refused parcels being sent to the same area as damaged products, and then being placed back into inventory from there. As long as the box was not open, meaning the original tape was unbroken, then you should be fine.

Sorta like when you return something to a retail store, you take the item to the service/returns desk, and from there it is sorted into damages or items that can be returned to the sales floor.

Also a refurb should have a sticker near the serial number plate that would identify it as such.