Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BFG Tech - Thumbs Up!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Here's my story...

A couple of weeks ago, my GTX 295 starting crapping out on me. This explains why my folding went down the tube!
Anyways...
The computer started to lock up, and well finally it happened, when rebooting, I got a post error on the video card. Sucks, I have to admit having a nice Asus Rampage II X58 board helps, the led post told me the video was fried.
So I get out my warranty info, give BFG a call. Explain to them whats going on, and sure enough I sent up an advance RMA procedure.
What was REALLY nice I had this all set up on 10 minutes, I was expecting them to have me jump through hoops to test the card. The guy on the other end, said 'yep, sounds like it shot!'. Wow
I get my card in 2 days, put in in and bang. Smooth as can be.

The today I called them up just to make sure, where to send the old card back, he asks if I'm in Canada, I said yes. He then told me they don't usually do advance rma for Canadians. Well, I'm glad this did happenas I am a very satisfied customer.
On another note, it's SO nice to call tech support and speak to someone I can understand. I'm happy to see BFG using locl people instead of using an over seas call center.
Thats my experience with BFG, I'll gladly buy their products again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:14 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Sometimes you get lucky and get someone on the other end of the phone who is willing to "bend the rules" a little, like the person you got. These people make life so much easier for everyone and companies can learn from them.

I bet you are a lot more willing to go out and buy another BFG if you had to for some reason for this one little event. Glad to hear of your good experience though, I currently have 3 BFG cards (8600 gt, 8800 gts 512, gtx 280 1 gb) in use, hopefully if I deal with them I get the same guy :P