Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell Non-Support
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 am 

Here is my story. If it hadn't happened to me, I probably wouldn't believe it.

I bought a Vostro 1500 last year. The keyboard had two keys that wouldn't work, so I called Dell and started a service call on 5/3/09. The box they sent did not have a label with it, so after almost two weeks waiting for the label, I called again. The support person sent FedEx with a label. The repair is to take 7-10 days.

Laptop is picked up 5/20 Dell gets it 5/22. I give them a little extra time to get the laptop back to me, but when I don't have it by 6/12, I go to chat support and ask about it. Promised phone call never returned. Chat again later that night, again, no return call. 6/15, another chat session. I am told the laptop is being shipped back to me, but by now I have a funny feeling about all of this. Finally, I call on 6/17. I am told these things:

1. Never got the laptop.
2. I authorized them to ship it to someone else.
3. Some guy in Texas now has my laptop, but they'd be happy to send me a refurbished one not as good as the one I purchased.

So far, I have spent over 24 hours trying to get Dell to make this right. They have finally offered me a new laptop, but still want me to jump through activation hoops and get the codes for the software that was on the computer. I am willing to reinstall the software, but, and for the programs I have that have no issues, I am more than willing to do so. What I am not willing to do is spend more time calling Intuit, Microsoft, Nuance, Adobe and Sage and try to convince them of how utterly incompetent Dell has been.

I want a new laptop, built to the same or better specs, an onsite support contract, and I want the software that came from companies that are activation Nazis, Intuit, Adobe, MS and Sage, about $700 if I had to buy it from Dell.

Am I being unreasonable? Dell keeps telling me it is against their policy, but have no answer when I ask if it is policy to sell customers property without their permission.

I don't know if anyone can help here on the forum, but if they can, please do!!!!