Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: This sucks...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

My Logitech X230s on my backup OpenSuse 11 Linux PC just died. I ordered a set of Cyber Acoustics CA-3550WB's to replace my X230s.The CA-3550WB's cost me $54.24 shipped from Amazon.com. I didn't mind buying new speakers,but having my X230s die on me was quite upsetting.(Does anyone know how good or bad Cyber Acoustics speakers are?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I've heard good things from one my friends who likes them as a brand, but don't expect too much from a small set of 2.1s..

Since it is a "backup" pc I assume it doesn't need anything special which should make these just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:59 am 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

DON'T DO IT!!! Why you ask? http://stores.channeladvisor.com/inando ... earch.aspx

I ordered a pair of X-230's from them a few months ago and they were in great condition. Mind didn't come with a manual or CD, but I got everything else (both speakers, subwoofer, and necessary cables). They're out of Maine, but they're reputable, and have a huge eBay store. I was nervous to order, but I have no regrets.

AJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:02 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

CTskifreak wrote:
DON'T DO IT!!! Why you ask? http://stores.channeladvisor.com/inando ... earch.aspx

I ordered a pair of X-230's from them a few months ago and they were in great condition. Mind didn't come with a manual or CD, but I got everything else (both speakers, subwoofer, and necessary cables). They're out of Maine, but they're reputable, and have a huge eBay store. I was nervous to order, but I have no regrets.

AJ

He is replacing his X-230s, not buying new ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Oh joy.. (NOT)! Since my apartment manager wasn't here this morning to sign for the UPS delivery(actually 12:18 PM,so maybe early afternoon).. I now have to wait until tomorrow and pray I don't miss the next attempt.
FML. I really hate this.(New set of Cyber Acoustics CA-3550WB speakers for my Linux PC,in case you're curious what I ordered.)

(Update below from July 3,2009).

F*** this.... I missed them again. I'm now going to have to have my mom drive me down to the UPS warehouse to pick them up tonight.(I'm normally not this angry or blasphemous,but I'm quite pissed off.)

Post subject: This is nice...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

My mom went by the UPS place and picked my Cyber Acoustics CA-3550WB speakers up,then dropped them off at my apartment. Just hooked them up(on my Linux PC),and they sound startlingly good..far better than what I expected.Thankfully,I now have a happy ending to this tale of (shipping) misery.