Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Turtle Beach, HPA2 Headphones...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 am 

I bought a pair of Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 headphones in January of last year (2008). They croaked in November of last year (2008). I RMA'd and got 'em back, but never even opened the package, as I was out on a spin with the military until April of this year (2009).

I got back, and, among other things, excitedly opened my shiny (almost-new!) headphones!

They did not work (completely). No bass. So...after extensive testing, I sent an email to Turtle Beach (on May 2nd) stating such. No reply.

As for the rest of the story, I'm just gonna copy/paste my dialogue with these fine chaps below, and y'all can tell me if *I'm* wrong or not:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 29, 2009

To Whom It Concerns,

I've sent this inquiry once before, approximately 3 weeks ago. I have copied/pasted the email below:

"May 2, 2009

Guys,

Got these headphones back from RMA (0911-34788-FL) from you guys about six months ago. Haven't had chance to open package/use them until recently, as I was on military deployment.

Upon opening the package and hooking them up to my computer again, I noticed that there was no bass whatsoever. None. Nothing. To be sure, I tried them on two other known-good computers/sound cards - nothing.

Adjusted software controls (after, of course, adjusting the inline headphone controls) on all the sound cards, but still nothing. As a test, while listening to audio, I individually disconnected/reconnected each mini-plug: green - noticeable loss in sound; black - also noticeable loss in sound; orange - no difference whatsoever. No difference...because there IS no bass coming from the headphones.

Did I get a bum set back from you guys? Is there anything I've forgotten to adjust/tweak? Is there something else I should attempt?

Please contact me with any suggestions.

Yours,
Donald F. Costabile"

I will wait 1 week for a reply before attempting a third email.

Yours,

Donald F. Costabile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 1, 2009

Dear Donald Costabile,

We sent the email below on Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:01 PM as date-stamped by our Email Server. Please confirm receipt.

Sincerely,
Stan,
Turtle Beach Support Team

"Dear Donald Costabile,

We are sorry to hear about this issue, especially because all RMAs are tested before they are packaged and sent to Customers. I am afraid that at this point in time they are Out Of Warranty. However, if you send them (Headset only) here using a new RMA that I will issue for you, I will give you a 1/2 price discount for a new pair (HPA2 Headset only) from our Web Site at this link:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efh ... parts.aspx

Please let me know if interested and I will arrange this for you.

Sincerely,
Stan,
Turtle Beach Support Team"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stan (or Whom It May Concern),

Firstly, although I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to our respective email services, I never received any email dated May 14th (or any date since then) from Stan, or anybody else at Turtle Beach before my second email, dated May 29, 2009.

That aside...really? You're "sorry to hear about" my "issue"? I am truly shocked and sorry to read what appears to be an apparent lack of concern over your product's (and, in turn, your company's) reputation for quality and/or service. Why would you (i.e., your company) think I would be willing to pay AGAIN (discounted price or no) for a product that twice now has failed to work as advertised...or at all? Mitigating circumstances notwithstanding (the original headphones being out of warranty), does it seem wise to dicker over such a (financially) small item in light of what would surely be poor public opinion?

I reiterate: "out of warranty" now or not - the replacement headphones I received from the RMA did not perform as advertised. Regardless of how "old" these replacements are (they are, as of this writing, only six (6) months old, to my knowledge), a properly functioning product is what is required from an RMA. This was not the case with RMA #0911-34788-FL. I received, in replacement for my non-functioning product, a malfunctioning replacement. I am willing to pay the postage (yet again) to return this defective item under the assurance that I will, in turn, receive the properly functioning product for which I originally paid. No more; no less.

You can accurately cite that the timeliness of my email(s) allows this situation to fall outside of the purview of the one (1) year warranty. Regardless, this all falls squarely under the aegis of "the right thing to do".

I apologize if any of the above seems inflammatory or choleric - that was not the intent; but I am frustrated, and simply want my headphones back.

Yours,

Donald F. Costabile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now I want to bring this to, perhaps, the Better Business Bureau, but I'm not sure I've a leg to stand on.

Help.

Yours,

Fester :(

Post subject: Re: Turtle Beach, HPA2 Headphones...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

FesterSilently wrote:
And now I want to bring this to, perhaps, the Better Business Bureau, but I'm not sure I've a leg to stand on.

Sorry to say this but you're SOL, most warrantees only last for a duration of time from the original purchase.

Your only hope is in checking your state laws concerning warrantees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

well I for one wont
purchase from them

service men an women gotta stick together
if they treat one of us bad
they treated us all badly

for what its worth, I like skull candy ear buds, they are great for what they cost even have in-line volume controls!