Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: dont buy from ibuypower
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:53 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

i bought from ibuypower not long ago since i was lazy and didnt want to build my own computer.
so i configured it, and bought one with free shipping.
it was suppose to come in 2 weeks max, but was delayed for quality check, but hey check my computer all you want, just make sure it works.
so then another 3-4 weeks passed and i finally got it. they put my computer back in the cooler master box and the keyboard and stuff right next to it. the computer cracked one of the drivers cd, but i wasnt pissed, hey ill just send the cd back for a new one.
i pulled out a camera thinking it was a kodak moment. plugged everything in, hummed the darthvader theme song.... and it didnt open. checked if everything was plugged in, even ask my computer engineer friend to take a look. everything seem to be find.
by now i was slightly pissed, so i called them right after i got out of class the next day only to be put on hold and never replied. so i called back 10-20 times that day to be finally able to talk to some one, he told me to ship it back, i asked him was UPS okay? and he reply whats UPS, it took another 5 minute to get him to understand.
this is the part that put me to maximum piss off! i have to pay 100 bucks to ship it back and there address was not listed or somethign and might not make it there!
i sent it back and called my credit card company to refute the funds.
that would teach me not to be lazy :evil:

Post subject: I feel your pain!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:43 am 

I understand your pain. I have had the same issues and finally sent the PC back to IBUYPOWER at their expense. My story starts out a little like this. Ordered my new PC because it was a great price and killer specs. Said to myself, nah this will work out. Received the PC about 4 weeks later. Turned it on, got overheating message. Then it would boot into windows and go crazy with error messages, plus no sound. So not even having my PC 30 minutes, I call them and they pay for shipping. The case was also scratched. About a month later I get the repaired unit after I was told I would get a whole new system. I said ok, maybe this will work. The case is scratched worse, the sound is non functional and there is dust and hair in the aftermarket cpu cooler. I said ok, this is ridiculous. PC goes back at their expense again and a whole new system is built. Receive new system after another 3 weeks and boot it up, no windows as ordered. I install my copy and then remember where is my free game and T-Shirt that was on special with the order? Thinking it was too good to be true, the pc freezes after an hour. I restart then all I get are random reboots one after another and then no sound again! I powered down and said ok, maybe a bad install. I try to turn it on, no signal from video card, the hard drive light blinks like it is on crack, and then it starts to reboot with no signal to the monitor. I try every option after to get it to boot from cd, etc, nothing works. I call and get the HUFF and SIGH treatment. I said it is on its way back at your expense and I am done. :cry:

Post subject: Re: I feel your pain!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:02 am 
Klamath
Klamath

skiteer617 wrote:
I understand your pain. I have had the same issues and finally sent the PC back to IBUYPOWER at their expense. My story starts out a little like this. Ordered my new PC because it was a great price and killer specs. Said to myself, nah this will work out. Received the PC about 4 weeks later. Turned it on, got overheating message. Then it would boot into windows and go crazy with error messages, plus no sound. So not even having my PC 30 minutes, I call them and they pay for shipping. The case was also scratched. About a month later I get the repaired unit after I was told I would get a whole new system. I said ok, maybe this will work. The case is scratched worse, the sound is non functional and there is dust and hair in the aftermarket cpu cooler. I said ok, this is ridiculous. PC goes back at their expense again and a whole new system is built. Receive new system after another 3 weeks and boot it up, no windows as ordered. I install my copy and then remember where is my free game and T-Shirt that was on special with the order? Thinking it was too good to be true, the pc freezes after an hour. I restart then all I get are random reboots one after another and then no sound again! I powered down and said ok, maybe a bad install. I try to turn it on, no signal from video card, the hard drive light blinks like it is on crack, and then it starts to reboot with no signal to the monitor. I try every option after to get it to boot from cd, etc, nothing works. I call and get the HUFF and SIGH treatment. I said it is on its way back at your expense and I am done. :cry:

i ordered from digital storm even thou it was a bit more exspensive but it was worth every penny! they package it in a wooden crate like it was a bomb or something then they put some cushion inside the computer so nothing would snap off. pay for the extra shipping, trust me that 20 bucks is worth the thousand dollar investment.