Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A Bone to Pick with Steam
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 pm 

:x A bone to pick with "Steam" :x
With Maximum PC's rave review in mind I bought "Left for Dead" the pc version as a gift for my son. I did not know that we needed to sign up with Steam until I installed the game. If I did I NEVER would have bought it.
After entering the "cd key" i got a message telling me that that key was in use on another Steam account. What the *** I don't have a Steam account.
Their website is so quirky it took me several hours to figure out how to get help. Their reply was, "send a picture of the cd key with the receipt".
Now, by this time about a month has gone by. The receipt is long gone. (after all, I thought put the disc in, install & click play) :(
The bottom line is I am out $40.00 and can't even get their problem fixed.
Shame on you Maximum PC for for giving high regards to a company with LOUSY, LOUSY customer support.
Shame on "STEAM" for ripping people off.
Advice to everyone-Avoid Valve (Steam) like the plague!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:05 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

Wow. I've really never heard anything like this. Valve Steam support and the way they handle games is damned near unparalleled. Don't get me wrong, it really does suck that you've had a bad experience. Have you tried emailing them? Calling them? Contacting Valve? Posted your complaint on their forum?

Also, it states very clearly on the box that you will have to install Steam and activate it over the internet. Did you by chance buy this game USED at a game store?

I've been using this program for 5 years now, and never had an issue. I'm sure if you took the time to contact those folks, they would be more than willing to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:21 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

sounds like a pirate stole your CD key to me. the chances of that are so dang low though that its freakin' amazing to consider!
that sucks man.