Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: In And Out Computers - Recommend
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 am 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

(Little back story:) So on Sunday, I was in my local Best Buy near my school, and was looking at the Logitech X-240's to purchase. My friend pulled out his iPhone, and I realized they were much better priced online at both Newegg and Amazon. However, he noticed something in one of the comments, and it was that the older X-230's were superior in basically every way. I got back to my dorm and started to read review and realized that this is the type of system I could want. So with my findings, I came across this specific site.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/inando ... mid=922178

And I posted a topic here: http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92392

I realized that the company was small, but legitimate. They had all the appropriate Trust Guard rankings from Verisign, and they were accredited by the BBC. I also realized they were a major eBay seller, and that my risks were being lowered at everything I looked at. So I decided to take the plunge and buy them. Ordered from them on Monday, got an instant confirmation email, and they were here today, 4/22. They're out of Maine, and I'm just outside Albany at college, and I picked them up before 10:30 AM today.

I had emailed them on Saturday, and I figured I wouldn't get a response till Monday, but they did get back to me, because there were two things I had questions about in the product description. They were courtaeous and quick.

Two gripes - On the site it says that the Fedex shippin was $10.99, but it was $15.99, and the product description said "User Manual" came with it, but there was nothing in it. But that wasn't a big deal, cause it was plug in the speakers to the sub, sub to power, and 3.5 MM jack to my laptop, and all has been well.

AJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I have the 5.1 version of your speakers (x530) and they are fantastic. i had noticed that the x530 and the x230's seem to have a better subwoofer than the 40's, nice to see that i was right.