Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newegg; Slowed down shipping?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I have ordered some RAM from newegg on monday, and chose the cheap shipping option. I assumed that this was the normal three day shipping option that I was used to WRONG. The package has been sitting in Ruthford NJ for quite a while, almost 45 hours. Has newegg suddenly decided to slow down it's shipping to save money?
Quote:
4/8/2009 2:55 AM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US TENDERED TO USPS
4/7/2009 8:02 PM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US PROCESSED
4/7/2009 5:22 PM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
4/7/2009 4:50 PM ET EDISON, NJ, US PICK UP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

you used the egg saver shipping?

yeah that is regularly slower than the regular three day option

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:26 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I just bought a bunch of stuff from them and it all came within the 3 business days that it is supposed to. I'm in Maryland with a little coming from New Jersey and the rest California.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:34 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

LOL It arrived later today. They must have not logged the shipping numbers or somthing, as I am curious as to how they shipped it from NJ to my house in central NY in less than 8 hours. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:34 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

good for you, often times the free shipping option is three to five days

recently I actually had something on the regular three day shipping but it took 7 days to get to me. they sent me a tracking number but it never left the initial stage. then on the day it was supposed to arrive i got a second tracking number saying they were sending it on second day air.

UPS said it was because newegg never gave them the item to ship. I thought about complaining to get my 5 bucks back, but given the fact this is the first time I have ever had a problem with newegg shipping in four years I think I will cut them some slack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 am 
Willamette
Willamette

I just ordered a stick of memory from NewEgg a couple of days ago (as a present for my younger brother) and discovered that the free "Egg-Saver Shipping" was actually DHL SmartMail. Despite the fact that NewEgg's site says that it was "shipped" Thursday night around 7:30 p.m., DHL's GlobalMail tracking shows that it was not actually picked up by DHL until between 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon. It was free, so I have no complaints about it. Just FYI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

This is not Newegg's fault at all. They are great at getting the product off the dock the same day. What the shipper does is the shipper's issue.

They ship using FedEx. FedEx will sub out small shipments using DHL or use the USPS as it's a waste for FedEx to put a 4" x 4" envelope on a plane and a truck for shipment. DHL and the USPS are already making the route, so it makes more sense to use them.

DHL isn't going to the egg's dock. And DHL and other carriers are on contract for when FedEx can't handle the load. Think "Christmas". There's also a lot of folks taking vacation in the spring and may be down in drivers. Every single UPS driver for my locale are on vaction, and will be back to their routes on Monday (I'm chums with the UPS drivers).

So pcstudent, what happened is this. The egg moved your part from the shelves and down their very awesome sort and pack lines, then hit the docks. It was picked up by FedEx at 7:30PM, then delivered to their hub. At that point, it made it's way through the hub and deemed that it should go with another carrier, and put in that pile for DHL's pickup. Since it's well into the night by this time, nothing is moving anyway. So the next day, Friday, DHL comes by the FedEx hub and picks it up at noon, then completes the shipment. It beats being delayed, and would be if it stuck with FedEx.

I think the egg is doing great. I order by 3pm, and it's still out the door the same day. If it's from Cali, it's here by 2pm the very next day. If it's from NJ, it's here in 3 days flat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Thanks for the clarification, Chumly. However, it is interesting to note that the package containing the memory that I ordered for my brother was "tendered to USPS" at Des Plaines, Illinois on Saturday, and was delivered to his address via USPS earlier today. Just FYI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I'll go with Chumly too. I order a lot of stuff from NewEgg and when it is lightweight and fairly easy to protect it comes the DHL/USPS route, and usually takes a week. When it goes 3 day UPS, it usually takes the three full days. I try to always buy with free shipping and sale price and almost every time save money over buying local. (with a 4 million population) No real complaints here. Only had one issue with NewEgg, and they resolved it and gave me a concession for the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

What is with people necroing threads my threads in this section?
lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]