Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:51 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

ebayne wrote:
Seems to me that military needs to get with the program and fire up an online BX so our boys n girls don't have to go begging...

Rock On all you grunts, jarheads, squids & wing-wipers... Thanks!
the NEX has good deals on systems, but not components that I know of. They sell Dell's and HP's with their own discount tagged onto Dell's/HP's discount. That's what I see anyway with a quick little work with the calculator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:02 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Guspaz wrote:
Like invading other countries for no reason? The "defending freedom" bit only goes so far.

How ignorant you sound. I suppose that it is too much for you to realize that while some of us in this life are indeed military, some of us do not neccesarily agree with the decisions that our superiors decide to make.

So in essence, if you want to point fingers, point them at the right people. Grouping all military together in a negative light for the sake of one man's decision is asinine at best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:54 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Ok after not wanting to get involved in the dispute after just returning from Iraq from over the weekend. I must say this....

Maybe some of you are right in your minds to think that US military personal doesn’t deserve a discount because of the job or profession we choose, but remember this: If it wasn’t for us Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen volunteering to go and defend the US with our lives and hearts, you might have been force to give up your sons or daughters or even yourself to defend America. I know many of you would hate that, war if not pretty, and a few of my friends came home in flag draped coffins. Some business in the US are grateful that we choose to risk our lives for the freedoms Americans enjoy everyday, and in that they give discounts @ their store, restaurants and hotels. No one ask us or told us to take this job, but we did, so u aren’t forced to. The last time a check a "programmer" is out on patrols looking for roadside bombs, or raiding houses that terrorist are hiding weapons that are use to attack bases, convoys and even sleeping areas. Business are quick to ship to APO/FPO address to make a buck or two, but it would be nice to see a little shaved off the price to let the service personnel know that they appreciate what they are doing. We all know that the military is a overwork and underpaid profession, hell some families qualify for EBT, but yet we still do what we do because we know its for a greater cause. We cant control when and were we go, you guys and gals decided that with the elections, so don’t try to rip us a new one for it, deal with your president.

Anyway I'm done, just had to vent after reading some of these post. Some of you will agree and some of you wont, oh well it happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:03 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Chumly wrote:
ebayne wrote:
Seems to me that military needs to get with the program and fire up an online BX so our boys n girls don't have to go begging...

Rock On all you grunts, jarheads, squids & wing-wipers... Thanks!
the NEX has good deals on systems, but not components that I know of. They sell Dell's and HP's with their own discount tagged onto Dell's/HP's discount. That's what I see anyway with a quick little work with the calculator.

The Nex/PX/BX do try to have good computer parts and they will match any retailers price. But they inventory is limited and sometimes alot out dated. I have talk to the store manager about the situation because they has a Radeon 128 9000 for 178 dollars, he claims that there is nothing he can do, they only stock the shelves, he cant control the inventory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:44 am 

yes it would be nice if people would give some sort of discount to military personell but not neccessarily just because we served or are serving in the military. I think e-tailers should take into account that liteweight piece of SH*t the military likes to call a paycheck and have pitty on the people that choose to enter the service for whatever reason. When I was in the military a few short years ago I recieved the modest amount of about 400 dollars every two weeks at the rank of cpl and can anyone tell me after paying off bills how mutch we had left until the next paycheck, sheess. :wink: