Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Monarch Computer Systems - Be aware of repackaged items
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:17 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

So I order a Plextor CD-RW 52x/32x/52x drive from them with a black face plate since Newegg didn't have them in stock. Couple of days later it arrives and I open the package up to find that they shipped me the wrong color drive. Call them on the phone and let them know what happened, and they are cool about it. Gave me my RMA number and said to wait a few days that a postage paid sticker would arrive in the mail.

Three days later it arrives and I send the drive back. A week after that they send me the right replacement drive with the black face. The problem? They sent me a 'replacement' drive that was used. No doubt someone ordered that drive from them, returned it, and Monarch decided to save a few bucks and carefully repackage the drive in the box so that it looked like it was new and sent it to me.

What they didn't conceal well enough was the fact that they couldn't line up the ripped paper that the Quality Assurance sticker covered, sealing the box shut to look like it had not been tampered with. It was barely noticeable, but it was clearly not lined up.

All this after I dropped in excess of $4,000 on their company, components to build two +3500 rigs.

Just a heads up is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:29 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Voice your concern/disappointment to them and see if they attempt to rectify it. You may end up with a credit, partial refund, free goody, or simply an apology. Be interesting to find out though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:42 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

One4yu2c wrote:
Voice your concern/disappointment to them and see if they attempt to rectify it. You may end up with a credit, partial refund, free goody, or simply an apology. Be interesting to find out though...

Indeed. I tried contacting them today and yesterday on three separate occasions, all during regular business hours, and was put on hold each time in excess of 20 minutes each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:17 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

They have a forum, might try that. People who have ordered a lot have been promptly apologized to and everything corrected it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:37 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Finally got ahold of someone that could help me. They apologized for the mistake and are sending me a postage paid sticker for the shipping and gave me an RMA number as well.

They are also overnighting the new drive to me once they receive the one I am sending them at no extra charge.