Team Member
Team Member

:lol:

LOL! Too funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:48 pm 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

not to mention newegg on some items even charge 5.99 for their rush support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:34 am 

I don't usally post in forums, but this subject has caught my attention. I too have noticed a breakdown in NewEggs shipping and service for a long time now. I have ordered things from Newegg on a sunday night and put in for overnight shipping, but the package doesn't usually show up until thursday or friday the following week and that is also with the now famous and ever increasingly bogus rush order status. I also like NewEgg and have been ordering from them for years now but am growing increasingly weary of the service I've been getting from them. I have also been using alternate e-tailers, sometimes because NewEgg doesn't have the products or allot of the products, i.e. watercoling products, but that is just one example and obviously this goes beyond just certain types of products. I myself and many other people have rung up thousands of dollars at NewEgg and if NewEgg doesn't want us going to other e-tailers it had better pull it's head out of it's A** and figure out what is important to their buisness, but the damage may have already been done as I and probably many other people have found e-tailers that make customers their first priority and are closer to where we live . :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:29 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Agreed.

There is nothing more aggravating than buying an item from Newegg or ANY other site and have to wait for "order processing"and then "shipping".

Alot of smaller e-tailers can get product shipped within a few days at no extra cost... As much as NewEgg sells, this should not be a problem. If it is , perhaps they need to expand their workforce to expedite shipping...

Also, at times I'll order things thru Newegg knowing that it might take a while to get it, but if I need it fast, sorry to say but I'll go to the local retailers for it and spend the extra money for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:28 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

USPS was awful when tracking my iPod, got email saying that it has been shipped out when I already had it for a week... A WEEK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:13 pm 

FWIW I placed an order yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. They confirmed the order within minutes and shipped today, Monday. Maybe they have worked out the hitch in their git-along. My last order was prompt as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:38 pm 

i just think maybe Newegg is a bit more popular now than it was in the past, and possibly they dont have a lot of people to handle all of the orders. I dont know thats just my guess, cause i never remember seeing their adds allover or being talked about so much. it would not hurt to show them forums like this so they see what the customers reallly think

Post subject: My experiences....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:46 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I think we can all agree that Newegg used to be excellent when it came to having items in stock, offering free shipping, and then getting it to your door very quickly. Things are a bit different now, meaning the last six months or so. I believe they used to try harder to win business, and now they are cutting back where they can to increase profits. I don't fault them for that, if I am correct. I can live with waiting a week for free shipping. Their prices are generally very good - but not always the best anymore.

Newegg does beat the other guys in one area hands down (from my experiene) - and that is dealing with returns / credit to your account. I've only had to return a few items (like a defective CPU with a chip on the die), and they paid my shipping cost back to them. I received the replacement very quickly.

So, they could be better, but even with the problems listed in this forum, they are probably in the upper 10% of e-retailers for computer components.

That's my 2 cents. Image