Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newegg Tracking.....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I order parts on for my new pc on the 26th of Dec. I paid extra for the "rush" so I could get my order shipped the next day. I got an email from new egg saying that my order has been ship Fedex 2day air. Now lets fast word to yesterday. BEing highly pissed I called Newegg and to see if I could get a tracking number for my order to locate it. The support personal told me that my order hasnt ship but will ship today. ARRRRRRR so I ask why did I recieve an email saying that the ordr has shipped on the 27th, the guy didnt know and to to it off I could get my 2.99 back for the "rush" shippment. BAD NEWEGG BAD!

Post subject: Rush naw
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:35 am 

I found the rush wasn't much worth it. I ordered early AM on a Monday and got it PM Thursday so I thought the shipping and handling to be to high. When is it 2and day when it leaves Monday and arrives Thursday? The new math? I did like the return I did with them, handled above expectations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:03 pm 

I'm getting a little nervous about Newegg. Their fulfillment operations seem to be really dropping the ball recently. They used to be awesome, now I'm reading lots of complaints in a lot of places about slow shipments, dodgy explanations. They are also charging credit cards far in advance of shipping, which, in my book is a no-no.

I also notice that Newegg seems to be have a lot of items in out-of-stock limbo--to me, out-of-stock means "we ran out, check back soon," not "we never intend to stock this item again please buy one of the more expensive/less attractive options listed above."

I'm not ready to give up on them, because they have been reliable in the past. I just hope they will get their shit together very soon or I'm off to zipzoomfly for good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:36 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Baltimore City, MD, USA ... *does windmills around the moshpit*
I have ordered items using 'Rush Processing' and it was indeed not sent out on the same/next day. They charged me as if it had, and then the following day refunded my 2.99. No joke! It showed up as a credit to my debit account. The 'Rush' ordering system doesnt really work well but to my experiences it hasn't helped/hurt me in any way.

-Gweedo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:54 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I guess I'll add my two cents worth...

I love Neweggs prices and selection of items. I do have to agree that they really do lack in expediency in getting the items shipped... Especially paying the added "rush fee".

And they seem to like FEDEX which is nice but I really do have to ask, why does fedex leave a 400 Dollar monitor at the front door without a signature and cannot leave a 14 Dollar cat5 cable there without a signature????????!

hehe, I don't get it, do you?

:?: :!: :?: :!: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:15 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Depends on how the shipper requests things be handled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:22 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I wish Newegg would've used UPS instead of FedEx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:26 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I think it's all about location... where you live. I would too prefer they have an option for UPS because the UPS man comes nice and early in the morning around my town because there is a distrobution plant down the road. FedEx takes until 3-4pm because their distro. plant is in Baltimore City and that's a 30min trip. I'll be the FedEx guy is on his last routes by the time he hits my house. I think DHL is trying to go residential with it's shipping and logistics... i have no idea how their timing is for me.

-Gweedo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:31 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Ordered sunday night and my card was charged sunday, but it is tuesday and a processor, heatsink, and motherboard haven't shipped???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:57 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

_alex911 wrote:
Ordered sunday night and my card was charged sunday, but it is tuesday and a processor, heatsink, and motherboard haven't shipped???

It takes a couple business days to ship sometimes. Ordering and charging you is an automated thing so that a person doesnt have to authorize every single order manually and can be done on weekends when no one is around in the building. They normally post their shipping and tracking at 6pm california time so it should come tonight.

-Gweedo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:02 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Well they shouldn't charge until it is about to ship imo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:52 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Hmm seems my bitching and them taking so long got me free 2nd day shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:37 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

OK,
so if Ipost here and keep ragging on them about their sloooooow shipping they will step it up some?!

NICE!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:36 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

yeah I paid the rush fee and got my order charged about 3 minutes past the deadline...so I wasn't expecting perfection...I paid for overnight shipping on friday and I checked my order and it said that after 6pm PST they'd upload a tracking number...well fastforward to saturday nigh and I finally get my tracking number and my $400 video card gets here monday afternoon. I didn't get my rush processing money back and I was under the impression that fedex delivered on Saturdays...so I guess I just blew about $25 for nothing...

I don't know if I'm dumb or if newegg is...but seeing as how my stuff moved Saturday AND Sunday to finally be delivered to me on Monday it would've been nice if I could have just paid for two day shipping...I get the feeling I would've gotten it the same day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:43 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

ummm, Fedex does deliver on Saturdays...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:00 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

and I'll be talking to newegg about that when I try to get back me 2.99

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:17 am 

FedEx does deliver Saturdays, but it is heinously expensive, and no merchants I've dealt with will authorize, it even you are willing to pay for it.

By the way, my last order from NewEgg displayed their former efficiency. Got it a day earlier than I expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:21 am 

all my stuff has to come to a PO box in Japan so "slow shipping" to me is two months.
I have ordered from Newegg, Tigerdirect, Xoxide and Directron and all take forever. As long as I get what I ordered and it is not damaged I put up with the slow shipping. I ordered a case from Clear PC and it took three months to get here and when it did it was shattered :cry:

Post subject: newegg
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:04 pm 

Newegg is good, Fed-Ex is bad. But the simple fact that you can goto the candy store without even leaving home, is just wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:38 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I think fedex is just kicking my package around the lot.....

Jan 15, 2005 9:37 pm
Left FedEx Ramp
AUSTIN TX

5:53 pm
Left FedEx Sort Facility
MEMPHIS TN
5:31 pm
Arrived at FedEx Ramp
AUSTIN TX
4:34 pm
Left FedEx Sort Facility
MEMPHIS TN