Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RamHQ, ComputerHQ, and Microstorm
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:15 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

"IN STOCK FOR REAL!"

Watch out for ComputerHQ, as they appear on the top of a few pricewatch lists. I had a weird incident with them this past couple weeks. I had been setting up orders for equipment they said was in stock, then 7 days later with no shipment confirmation, I gave my final call to cancel the order. They kept telling me, "one week". I think they don't speak very well, because everything I asked was replied back the same way, "one week".

And to top it off, I fell into this same ordeal again at another search for an elusive Powersupply. To make a long story short, I'll just show you something:

RamHQ, ComputerHQ, and Microstorm are all reporting the very rare OCZ520ADJ-EU model in stock. But you order one, and I'll bet you get "one week". Weird how they're all the same site design too...same idiots behind the phone...etc. I figured the webdesign was a coincidence and simply all have the same webmaster.

(Can the dog look and see if they have 3 seperate business licenses?)

They never charged me, but I lost face for trusting that "available-YES" junk they have on their site. I had 2 PC's slated for an delivery, and all my parts were rolling in execept from the ones from any of these. I got the confirmation emails and everything, but was NEVER notified that the item really wasn't available until 20 minutes AFTER I called the final time.

I had to give up 2 of my own powersupplies to keep my promise, and am now in search of new units for my own units now sitting gutted and quiet. It sucks trusting new vendors, and probably won't do it again...ever.

I've also noted this on reseller ratings and have seen more of the same events from other comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:59 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

All three are indeed the same. On RamHQ, there's a link at the bottom saying 'Why ComputerHQ?' Also, all three give the same physical address on the company information page.