Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WESTERN DIGITAL WD1001FALS Caviar Black DOA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm 

the WESTERN DIGITAL WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1 TB shows in the bios and on Vista ulitmate x64 system. Ran the WD test and it fails. I was pissed at zipzoomfly with there 15 days policy. The only reason i did not go to newegg was cause a friend got a lot of DOA from them. This was my first by zipzoomfly they told me to contact WDC for a replacement which stinks cause the drive is new and now they will send me a refurb. This is crappy busniess practice. At least newegg gives you 30 days which even WDC told me the seller haves to give you 30 days which seem not right that zipzoomfly does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:11 am 
Million Club
Million Club

Thats a bummer, really. ZZF's policy is just that, if you don't like it, don't shop with them, because things like this *do* happen. Same goes for any company, if you don't like a policy, don't do business with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 am 

I agree with you the thing that mad me upset was how Maximum PC kick the drive a kick ass and I said let me order it and WD send ZZ a doa drive. I am not sure if I should stick with Newegg for now on. THere closet to mr in NJ.
Kreller1 wrote:
Thats a bummer, really. ZZF's policy is just that, if you don't like it, don't shop with them, because things like this *do* happen. Same goes for any company, if you don't like a policy, don't do business with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

It could have been a good drive that got damaged during shipping. Once wrong bounce is all it takes.
Electronics can be fine going out the door of the manufacturer and dead when it hits the sellers shelves. It is unfortunate, but happens.
Do the RMA and let us know how it turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 pm 

dedgar wrote:
It could have been a good drive that got damaged during shipping. Once wrong bounce is all it takes.
Electronics can be fine going out the door of the manufacturer and dead when it hits the sellers shelves. It is unfortunate, but happens.
Do the RMA and let us know how it turns out.

Did the Advance Replacement WD and got the new drive today from UPS it is fine. just that it a refurbished one which stinks but same 5 year. Now sending back the damage one.