Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fedex can't find my house
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:18 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Fedex can't seem to find my house. UPS has no problem what-so-ever but Fedex NOT!!
Next time I order something I will have to specify UPS. If the place I order form only uses Fedex, I will shop elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Is it always the same driver?

Do you have to go to their warehouse to finally get your package?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 am 

Guess they cant afford GPS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:18 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Satchboy wrote:
Is it always the same driver?

Do you have to go to their warehouse to finally get your package?

Drivers usually have routes that they cover, so I would assume that it is the same driver.
Go to the warehouse? Lovely 70 mile drive, one way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:38 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Fedex lost a transmission i bought on the way to texas in utah for 3 weeks before figuring it out and throwing it in a cheap box and denting it on the way. They then returned the old tranny to maine before figuring out that isn't michigan 2 weeks later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:59 pm 

My company had to ditch Fedex a few years back due to a high percentage of "lost" packages and no accountability. We had a wherehouse that basically had a conveyer straight into their facility too..so they really had to muck it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:17 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

It is also worth mentioning that FedEx does not deliver to all addresses, either. I found this to be true when I had to mail my payment to CitiBank using their overnight delivery service. FedEx did not deliver to the address used for receiving credit card payments (I have since moved to paying my bills online), but could be delivered to another address for Citibank and they would contact the office at the payment address so that I did not get hit with a late payment charge. Just FYI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

The Teamsters have gotten better (UPS). I use to hate them and swear by FedEx...but the tides have turned and FedEx seems to have lost their mind.

I've gotten two recent deliveries from Newegg via UPS within freaking 8 hours! I order it, and it's here...today!? Awesome. Now on the flipside, I order with 2nd day air with FedEx, and it's here in 5 days. That's just plain stupid.

Send something to the midwest, and FedEx loses it. Not delayed....gone. Christmas presents get lost? I look like a jack ass. Thanks FedEx. And a recent very emotionally important package to the same place...late by 4 days. There's no recourse either...FedEx just shrugs and gives me some legal stipulation I could care less about.

No excuse: UPS gets it there, faster than expected, and they don't get lost. Go Teamsters! And they even evaluate how fast and the cost of each route. They route the drivers based on how many left turns they make over right turns. That's the geeks I want delivering my goods.

I don't know what to make of the following, but I work a lot of hours right by an airport. FedEx flies all night and you see one big brown UPS jet land and leave in a 12 hour period. They're wasting freaking diesel fuel by their inefficiency in planning. There's no reason I can see explaining all the flights in and out of the major airport here when UPS can deliver with one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

I ordered several packages from newegg last week.
Delivery date promised Thursday the 5th.
Arrival date actual Wednesday the 4th

UPS always kicks fed ex's butt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

can't fed-ex just google-maps it? seems that would be a probable solution if the address isn't clearly marked on a house, or behind a large tree or fence...

and those UPS guys are doorbell ninjas, i swear. they literally dropped off my newegg stuff, rang the doorbell, and by the time i got to the door to praise them, the truck was nowhere in sight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:23 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

poof in smoke they may
but boxes they leave behind on the door step!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

bingojubes wrote:
can't fed-ex just google-maps it? seems that would be a probable solution if the address isn't clearly marked on a house, or behind a large tree or fence...

and those UPS guys are doorbell ninjas, i swear. they literally dropped off my newegg stuff, rang the doorbell, and by the time i got to the door to praise them, the truck was nowhere in sight!
GPS is good up to 35'. That could be 8 houses where I'm at currently. GPS is triangulation from low earth orbit. In rural Kansas, sure it's close enough. My driveway was a mile long and the only house for 3 miles. "that must be it".

UPS and FedEx need house numbers on the front, obstructed or not. If it's up, a good driver will see it or just know it. A new driver won't yet. Maybe the UPS driver that actual does your route took a week off. They have like 200hrs to burn a year or lose it (and you get more money by taking time off than the taxed payback and still work). Fill-ins don't give a crap about the route...it's not theirs.

My UPS guy rocks. We'll BS all day, and made my path the last on the list due to my hours, and the way we like to mingle before they go home. My last build was delivered in what resembled a wicker man in my front yard. Took the time to make me smile. A+++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

you think that's bad

i get all my mail except for one little thing.

My ATM card from Bank Of America.
I get statements and account info fine but the card?
Never. Whenever i need a new AT?M chard i have them send it to the local branch and even then it takes 2 weeks for it to arrive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:07 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Seriously?

If I lose my card, I go to the closest branch of my bank and ask for a new one. It takes about 2 mins for them to program a new card and hand it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Jipstyle wrote:
Seriously?

If I lose my card, I go to the closest branch of my bank and ask for a new one. It takes about 2 mins for them to program a new card and hand it to me.

seriously