Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tiger or Galaxy? I lose !!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm 

Dog Pound,
I have a bone to pick and it is a rotten bone at that. In Nov. 07 I purchased 2 8800 gt cards from Tiger Direct that they listed as Galaxy Tech brand. About 6 to 8 weeks later I was having problems with artifacts and lock ups with both cards. Both cards came to me in plain white boxes and the cards have the standard black heatsink with nvidia logo and no branding marks on them. When I tried to return them to Tiger they said no because it was over 30 days and that I needed to have Galaxy honor the warranty. When I contacted Galaxy they stated that the resellers were responsible for the warranty and it does state 1 year warranty on my receipt but again Tiger refused. Eventually I realized that if I underclocked the cards they would work and since no one would take them back I used them until I bought an ATI 4870 at which point they were about 8 months old and I tried again with Tiger who sent me to Galaxy who this time asked me for serial numbers from cards and replied that they are not Galxy cards!! So now I am curios what Tiger sold me and why would they not honor warranty and who made the cards so that I can get them fixed.
I always thought Tiger was better then that and obviously one of them is lying to save from making the fix. Funny thing too if I use the part # from my receipt at Tiger it is a Galaxy card but not the one they sold me. Some one smells like DAWG SH#T