as a computer repair consultant and IT professional
Sorry but I've had a really bad day and the above comment really PISSES me off!
First off, if you were what you say you are you would have know:
1. No AV program is 100%
2. You would have researched the problem yourself for a cure
3. You would have known about hijack this and how to use it.
4. There is a new thing called 'google' try looking up the answer
5. Depending on the data on the system you would have made a judgement call, is it worth saving all the data and reformat, or should the time be spent to fix it?
6. Symantic Norton products have a fee, just as you said.
Ok, now that we know I'm in a bad mood, I did call Symantic today. Mind you I called regarding Back Up Exec 12, their customer support for enterprise software is very good.
I've ran in to two jerk offs today 'claiming' to be IT professionals, meanwhile they didn't know how to tie their shoes!
The only reason I called tech support, was due to the fact I could not find the answer after spending a lot of time looking for it. And given the fact it is an important business system and time is money.
And if you really are a consultant in the IT industry I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about SBS 2003.