Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tiger Direct (Again)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I've only dealt with TG once before, and it was not great, but many people have done well with them so I thought I would try again.

I ordered a desk, but before ordering I called to see if it was in stock in Toronto because I needed a desk fast (just moved and getting tired of doing paperwork on the floor). From Toronto to Ottawa I should only have to wait 1-2 days for delivery.

The rep I talked to said "The desk is in stock in our Mississauga location" (the "industrial/commercial" part of Toronto) so I went ahead with the order, seeing as he said "in stock in Mississauga" 3 different times during our talk.

That was on October 7, and the rep said I should have it by the 9th... since then I have been watching the shipping progress through the UPS web site...

...while it comes from Miami, Florida (this doesn't seem like "in stock in Mississauga" to me)....

The desk has been stuck in Naperville Illinois for 3 days now. Apparently TG has a warehouse there. They have the desk at this warehouse supposedly and are "processing" my order again and will ship it to me in Canada directly from Naperville when they are ready...

I canceled my last order with them after waiting a month.. will I have to do the same and fight for a credit card refund? I guess we'll find out fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

If they said it is in that warehouse, and it is shipping from Miama [I'm not too good with geography, but that seems a little far...] I would cancel the order, if you have to, say false advertising, and go get a desk locally...also, I have not had great luck with tiger either...their 'In Stock' system seems a little broken...I ordered an Intel 6400 the DAY they came out from them, and it said in stock, but they weren't, I canceled and took my business elsewhere...

It is true, some have great luck with Tiger, but I have not, and I would rather go to a place [like Newegg] that I have no doubts at all about and know that if I give them my $$$ they deliver in a timely manner every time...