Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Asus stiffing customers on rebates. Maximum PC HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:50 pm 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I bought an Asus notebook from Newegg.com Jan 30th '08. It had a $150 rebate on it. I sent everything in immediately. I filled out their (stupid, pointless) "online pre-rebate registration form". Waited a few months and nothing. I perodically checked the rebate site, but it always indicates that the status is waiting. I've tried to contact Asus by email, phone and support form. Got nowhere.

I sent my rebate in Feb 5th '08. Still no sign of it. Status still indicates "waiting". I finally got a toll free number from tech support after submitting a support request form. Here is the message I received:

"Please contact the Sales Hotline at: 888-678-3688 for rebate inquiries. Please be informed that the hotline is only open between 9am-5pm, Pacific Standard Time, from Monday through Friday only and close during holidays."

Everytime I call, I get a different sales rep each time, who then passes me to a generic voicemail box with no name on it and have yet to have my call returned. The last time I called, I refused to be passed to the voicemail and she took my name and number. Still no response either.

I've also been to the Asus forum where there are plenty of complaints from customers not receiving their rebates either. Unfortunately, Asus doesn't read the forum. It is simply there to help stranded customers try to help each other.

I contacted Newegg customer service and they contacted Asus two or three times on my behalf. Asus assured them that the check would be going out soon. Still no check.

I recently filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get this f'ing $150 rebate that it's not even worth it anymore. I'm just going to continue to contact Asus until I get it, just on principal.

As far as buying anything from Asus again? Forget it. Some of their products are rated very well, but none of it is so good that I won't avoid the brand in the future.

Why buy from a company that is too self important to assist it's customers and steal from them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I too had an Asus mail in rebate but for a video card.. their 6-8 weeks to process the rebate came and went and I didn't receive anything but I didn't pursue it since the rebate was only for $20.

Just this week I got an email stating they finally "received" my forms and will be processing them shortly. Can't remember how long this has been (I actually forgot about it since it's been a few months).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:34 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

look on the bright side, a few months from now after you've totally forgotten about the rebate it'll show up and it'll be like your grandma just sent you a check for your birthday...6 months late.

Post subject: maybe I was one of the lucky ones...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm 

After *16* weeks, I was just about ready to send them an email but then bam, $150 check comes. They used the status-now.com rebate site and it was stuck on "processing" for the longest time.

Remind me to never buy an item with a rebate offer again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

mail in rebates suxors!
instant rebates are better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:24 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

How about just giving me a better price to begin with and forget the rebate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

And my rebate finally game.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

You would be well advised to never depend on Asus customer service. What cracks me up is so many people brag about their Asus products. And then they have an issue. Not all of them do and hell, won't even say most of them do. Because when an Asus product works, it's usually doing the job slightly better than their closets competition.

BUT.

You have an issue that requires RMA'ing a product and God help you. Cause the devil is already laughing. You will not see me saying I've bought an Asus product. That 8% performance gain doesn't mean shit when you can't get your motherboard back for 8 weeks or Asus says YOU screwed up the board and they aren't replacing it. Even though YOU have been working with computer components and know you didn't screw it up.

Asus customer service sucks worse that just about anyone. And I WILL NOT buy from them or recommend their products because of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Mail-in rebates have one simple reason - they are a 0% loan to the issuer, and without definite repayment terms.
Borrow from a bank - they charge you interest and if you don't repay on time, they send in the credit ninjas.
Borrow from a consumer - and you can feed him "rebate processing" for months, while earning dividends off the money, and when you finally pay, it's not a cent more than you borrowed. Schweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:12 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

SpazzAttack wrote:
How about just giving me a better price to begin with and forget the rebate?

Then everyone gets a deal ... with a mail-in rebate, you can cut the lazy 95% of the population of the rebate and straight back into your company's profits!