Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:46 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I tend to believe the majority of DOA is just that, Maybe a pecentage of people can manage to totally destoy parts, others may have not troubleshooted properly. But any one can do search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=si ... tnG=Search

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:43 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I've bought about $25K worth of parts from NewEgg over the past four years and I have never had a DOA part from them that was their fault. I've returned a few things that I did not like: the infamous "sucks ass" rating I gave to the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 case, for example.

I had two DFI X48 DOA motherboards of the same model (DFI was having BIOS problems) that I exchanged with NewEgg with no hassles. NewEgg also helped me when an Asus motherboard's drivers did not work right on Vista x64. While Asus's tech support basically gave me the finger, NewEgg gave me a full refund for my trouble.

If you’re not a total jerk and you’ve made a reasonable effort to resolve any issues, NewEgg will go the extra mile to help you out. At least that has been my experience.

Most of the NewEgg reviews I have seen complaining about DOA parts sound like the person posting the review did not know what the heck they were doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:36 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Spazz, I've ran across SEVERAL of your reviews. They're information in a void...if you will. Kind of a lighthouse in the middle of the desert 8)

They just take back stuff you don't like? Never tried that, and just punished myself for making the pick. I will if it's that easy though! Some stuff is just...well, overhyped.

Anyway, you're yet another real builder not having issues with any parts functioning, and proof negative reviews in that place are without warrant.

You can't fix their stuff either. They only want reviews, not talking to reviewers, so I guess that's why they have a forum now. Wouldn't that be a fascinating place to venture into for a minute!? I'd have an aneurysm, so I'm not about to check it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:40 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Chumly wrote:
They just take back stuff you don't like? Never tried that, and just punished myself for making the pick. I will if it's that easy though! Some stuff is just...well, overhyped.

They take it back--but you have to pay a 15% restocking fee if it's a preferential return (not defective). That's only fair to them if you think about it. And not everything is returnable like that. Every item has its return policy stated in their catalog. I had to pay the restocking fee when I returned the CM Cosmos case.

Even if you lose 15% of your original purchase price, it better than losing all your money and have a part sitting around you will never lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:54 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

The only DOA part that I ever received was from TigerDirect and that was a 512 MB stick of Ultra memory (never again).
Everything I have ever ordered from NewEgg.com or Crucial Technologies has always worked. Same with PC Power & Cooling.