Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Razer vs. Microsoft product replacement
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 am 

Razer:
--------

My new DeathAdder got bricked after installing the drivers. Seriously, it was working JUST fine when I was clicking on things to install the drivers, and after the reboot, it just died. The scroll wheel lights up, but the logo doesn't. It's like it fried the lower portion of the mouse.

I typed something up in IE7, and after accidentally hitting "back," it lost my 4-paragraph rant about how I've spent a total of an hour between 4 phone calls on hold and still don't have my issue resolved. I finally received my RMA information request, sent it off yesterday, and still haven't received a reply and don't really expect to.

Microsoft:
-----------

My intellimouse 6000 wireless started clicking both buttons at the same time out of nowhere. Spent a total of 8 minutes on hold with Microsoft, and after giving them the PPID off of the bottom of the mouse, I have a brand new one on its way and should be here by Tuesday.

Sounds like I'm not buying any more Razer products based on the simple fact that if their product goes bad under warranty that the headache involved is not worth it. Has this happened with anyone else? I'm thinking of just going back to Logitech and getting a G5, or trying out the Ikari from SteelSeries.

Post subject: Re: Razer vs. Microsoft product replacement
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

scuz wrote:
I typed something up in IE7, and after accidentally hitting "back," it lost my 4-paragraph rant about how I've spent a total of an hour between 4 phone calls on hold and still don't have my issue resolved. I finally received my RMA information request, sent it off yesterday, and still haven't received a reply and don't really expect to.

Ctrl-Z

Post subject: Re: Razer vs. Microsoft product replacement
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 pm 

Jipstyle wrote:
scuz wrote:

Ctrl-Z
Tried that, for some reason it didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:56 am 

My Microsoft Sidewinder stopped scrolling and after submitting an online request got a replacement in a manner of a few weeks. The process was pretty straightforward after a few emails.

So very pleased with Microsoft but never had an experience yet with other mouse vendors. My other mouse which I use the most is a Logitech G5 (one side button) and it has served me well still after more than 2 years.