Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Diamond Multimedia Technical Support
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:55 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Normally I'm pretty easy going when it comes to matters of doing an RMA on a bad pc part. Unfortunately this isn't the case.

Start off with how this began, upgraded my computer to some more recent parts, namely a Diamond 4850 Pro videocard. Decent price after rebate, so I figured why not, have had good experiences in the past on tigerdirect with them, so I bought it.

Got it in the mail, installed, everything was fine. Except when I tried playing crysis, random artifacts, distortion, even kept doing it on the desktop. Thought it was a heat issue so I put a box fan right on the side of the computer. No change would do it randomly, and only when it first loaded a level. If it loaded fine, I could play for hours on end no problem.

Finally I said to heck with it. So I started up the RMA process.

Sent in my support ticket......... Waited, and waited and waited. Finally after almost 2 weeks I got a reply back. Now I explained in extreme detail what was going on, how i changed drivers, cleaned them correctly using driver cleaner, fresh install of windows. The whole nine yards. Even explained that I have a 1000 watt power supply.

Got a normal copy & paste job from their list of responses. The 'did you check the connections, etc. blah blah blah' Things I already explained I did in the first ticket reply.

Finally after a bit of hassle got the RMA #

A small part of the RMA # response

Quote:
also a $9 check for shipping & handling for each item being sent in. Do not staple the check to the paper work (if it coming from Canada it will be a $15 money order. ) made out to Diamond Multimedia or Best Data

Now I have to wonder why I need to attach a 9$ check to them? It's within the 1 year warranty period was shipped defective, why should I pay more? I already sent it in, figured I just do it and get it back sooner rather than hassling with them.

So I have been waiting for 2 weeks now, they have had it over a week, and have yet to receive anything back :evil: Almost easier for me to order another off tigerdirect, swap the card out, return it as defective, and then just eat the restocking fee :evil:

Will add to this post if and when I get my card back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

If you got this from Tigerdirect and were having immediate problems why didn't you contact TD and get a new one sent? They will usually do a pretty quick turn around on a bad part unless you have had it past 30 days. KOMMANDER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:48 pm 

Forgot to add in the part that this didnt really start to surface till pretty much around the 20-30 day mark. At first I was fiddling around with different drivers etc. work, all sorts of delays made it unreturnable/swappable with tiger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:23 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

This is one of the reasons I buy Nvidia video cards from EVGA. If EVGA made ATI cards, I would be much more open to getting one of their products. But for me, customer service is a requirement before I spend more than $50 with someone. Diamond's service sucks. Hope you get a good card in return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 am 

Bit of an update, still waiting............ Another thing that irks me about this is there is no way to check the status of your RMA. Like if it's being processed, being shipped, or whatever. Have e-mail/contact the rep doing the RMA very flawed and slow system.........

Sent them another e-mail last week wednesday, got a reply thursday saying 'I will get right back to you tomorrow regarding this' Well, we are going on almost Wednesday of the next week and have yet to receive a reply.

Diamond Multimedia is definitely not a company I'm going to do business with, or recommend anyone to do business with in the future.

Big thumbs down for these idiots :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:32 pm 

Finally got a UPS tracking number, on monday I get to see if they totally failed at fixing the problem...................