Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: AdigyZ2 Heartbreak
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm 

Dear Dog:

For the better part of a decade I've been an avid fan of creative labs. I'm using a homemade system (made with much appreciated help from Maximum PC) composed of an ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe MB, 2MB Ram, (2) Nvidia 8800's in SLI and and AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Proc (sort of old school but hey, I buy the latest and greatest for my son who's proud that 'his machine is better than his old mans'). I loved recording guitar via Cool Edit Pro through my old SoundBlaster sound card. Over the last couple of years my guitar gathered a good thick layer of dust so I decided to try some recording through my AudigyZ2 card. Unfortunately I can't record from the mic or line in jacks. I can hear the input but can't record via Cool Edit Pro or Windows Recorder. I can record the mic or line in lines if I set Media Source to record 'What You Hear' but I need to isolate the line to record only my instrument and not the accompanying tracks. I've tried adjusting the source settings in Windows and Media Source to no avail. For the first time in almost a decade of happy Creative Labing I emailed customer support for a little help only to be told that since my product was out of warranty they would be unable to assist me. It seems that a company like Creative labs would be more than willing to offer a little help to one of its customers. I love their products but if this is they way a loyal customer is treated I'd rather spend my hard earned cash someplace else.

Heartbroken in P'Cola.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I'm not sure that the letters from the watchdog actually come from this forum, you might want to email it to them to be on the safe side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:03 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I don't think any editor actually reads this place.

OP, we have a similar question going on in the multimedia section this very moment. Thought about asking how to fix this before putting some company in the dog pound?

Nope...

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82552

Asks, waits a couple minutes, then right to the pound. Bunk.