Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Latest Version of Firefox ROCKS!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm 

Just downloaded/installed Firefox 3.0.1 and it ROCKS!!

Great little additions plus enhanced security features but what I really love is the full screen function. Big toolbar to little toolbar like IE BUT......when Firefox goes to full screen it doesn't stop at little toolbar, little toolbar fades away giving a true full screen. A feature I will expect Microsoft will steal from Firefox and implement into IE, if they haven't already. Like the other things Microsoft stole from Firefox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

sooo.... what do you need help with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

I have decided to make all my posts in response to this guy in a hard to read color as a protest of his usage of entire post bolding.

Post subject: Re: Latest Version of Firefox ROCKS!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Robert703 wrote:
Just downloaded/installed Firefox 3.0.1 and it ROCKS!!

Great little additions plus enhanced security features but what I really love is the full screen function. Big toolbar to little toolbar like IE BUT......when Firefox goes to full screen it doesn't stop at little toolbar, little toolbar fades away giving a true full screen. A feature I will expect Microsoft will steal from Firefox and implement into IE, if they haven't already. Like the other things Microsoft stole from Firefox.

You mean all the ideas Firefox stole from other browsers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

drainbread wrote:
I have decided to make all my posts in response to this guy in a hard to read color as a protest of his usage of entire post bolding.[/color]

You're only punishing those of us who actually read the responses in this thread...

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:12 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

drainbread wrote:
I have decided to make all my posts in response to this guy in a hard to read color as a protest of his usage of entire post bolding.

CTRL + A

highlight the entire page and you can read his posts....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:54 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Denis63 wrote:
drainbread wrote:

CTRL + A

highlight the entire page and you can read his posts....:)

Yeah, I know how to do it, but why should we have to go through all that effort...

/got nuthin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

haha, macro it to your keyboard!

ig you have a G series keyboard, g11, G15V1 or V2 then its super easy to macro it to your keyboard! i love my G15 V1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Denis63 wrote:
haha, macro it to your keyboard!

ig you have a G series keyboard, g11, G15V1 or V2 then its super easy to macro it to your keyboard! i love my G15 V1

I use MacroMaker. :-)

http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:16 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Does it work well? i use the G-series software that goes with my keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:23 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Gailim wrote:

Quote:
Got a bone to pick with a PC company? Now you can bite back. Maybe you found a company you love? Well share it here as well!

It can go here. Probably best served in Windows Parlor but seeing it works in multiple OS's, here would be fine too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Denis63 wrote:
Does it work well? i use the G-series software that goes with my keyboard.

It works great, except for some rare applications it goes too fast and borks things up. I don't have a programmable keyboard, and haven't needed one since I got MacroMaker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:25 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

i got the G15 for the backlight and the LCD screen... and the macros, but i could do without them... maybe...

Thanks, im gunna check that out later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Your multiple posts about macro's has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic.

@ OP,

Yes, FF 3.0.1 is finely tuned. However, I do have a gripe about FF 3.0 and even more so for 3.0.1.

I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 that runs Windows 2000. It has an Intel P3 800MHz CPU and is a kitchen/living room/kids outside web surfing and MS Word computer only. Firefox 3+ runs like total ass on that computer. Firefox was originally a big hit due to better security, having a smaller footprint and for running quite well on all types of hardware. Now a days though, FF is getting too big for its britches. I wish the Firefox team would at least maintain a lower end version of their browser for the older computers out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Quakindude wrote:
Your multiple posts about macro's has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic.

Yes, that's correct. I don't get your point, though. Are you saying that topic drift isn't allowed, or that posts about macros are off-topic for this folder, or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:52 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

webgrunt wrote:
Quakindude wrote:

Yes, that's correct. I don't get your point, though. Are you saying that topic drift isn't allowed, or that posts about macros are off-topic for this folder, or what?

I'm saying it sucks to have a thread derailed, however temporarily, by other people talking off topic in it. But evidently, the powers that be don't see it that way, so screw it up all ya want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:59 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Well, this thread didn't really start anywhere, but Robert703 does have a good point... haha :) Firefox rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

-Lawless wrote:
Gailim wrote:

Quote:
Got a bone to pick with a PC company? Now you can bite back. Maybe you found a company you love? Well share it here as well!

It can go here. Probably best served in Windows Parlor but seeing it works in multiple OS's, here would be fine too.

this thread was moved from the Free Clinic, which is where it still was when i made the post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:31 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Quakindude wrote:
webgrunt wrote:
Quakindude wrote:

I'm saying it sucks to have a thread derailed, however temporarily, by other people talking off topic in it. But evidently, the powers that be don't see it that way, so screw it up all ya want.

Where is the derailment here? In order for a derailment to occur, there has to be some sort of track. The OP basically said he loves FireFox. It didn't sound like he was asking for a discussion, just making a statement. Then there were twelve posts which weren't about FireFox, your post complaining about the posts about macros which did go on to talk about FireFox, then these last few.

Your complaint about thread derailment makes no sense in this thread.

If the OP had asked, "What does everyone think about FireFox" or any other question or in some way indicated he'd like to see responses to his post, you might have a valid gripe because then our off-topic posts would have constituted an actual derailment. As it is, it seems like you're just looking for things to complain about. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though. I like to complain about stuff, too.

And, just so this post is topical, I also love FireFox (though not enough to marry it) and think it's better in many ways than MSIE.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next