Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ASUS Striker Extreme Assistance Requested
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am 

I bought this board based on a review by Gordan Mah Ung and it's inclusion in the Best of the Best list in the magazine.

I have had nothing but problems with this board. This was my most expensive motherboard purchase and my worst experience.

The Striker Extreme motherboard is plagued by a "CPU Init" error that causes it to hang on startup. There are so many hits on Google about this; it makes me very upset that ASUS could put out a motherboard as this.

I have RMAed the board 3 times so far. I am requesting assistance because I really do not want it back. I would prefer something of equal value or my money back. ASUS customer support will only offer me a replacement.

ASUS should be in the Dog Pound for this horrible product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:06 pm 

80 views and counting and NO REPLIES???

WTF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:06 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

you bought an nvidia chipset then wonder why everything went wonky on it? seems your anger is a bit misplaced. you should be steamed at nvidia for putting out a garbage chipset.

I do wish MPC would catch on and stop recommending the things, in fact a peak a newegg shows them advertising the fact that it wins MPC's top award. In their defense Maximum PC only has a short time with the board, so they don't have it long enough for problems to show up. But there not blameless either, you took their advice and got burned, there have been enough problems with the the 790i chipset that they have to know about its many flaws by now. It should not be their "recommended" anything.

Don't blame Asus though, they didn't make the chipset, only the board, and they did a fantastic job on their end.

you too also share some of the blame, I know you don't want to hear that but its true. that google search you said you did should have happened before you bought the board. if i were buying a $440 motherboard I would have spent a few hours researching it, and would have relied on more than one review. If you would have stopped by these very forums you would have found out the problems with this chipset (and many others from nvidia).

A lesson I'm sure you have probably learned for next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:01 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

spplutchok wrote:
80 views and counting and NO REPLIES???

WTF?

OMG WTF

This isn't free tech support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 am 
team psycho or sumthin