Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Futureshop in canada. help = lame
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm 

I can say Futureshop in canada probably has the worst customer service out of half the places i recieve help from... I stayed on the phone half an hour and listened to their lame FS ads about new pc's... catchy music though :wink: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 pm 
Team Dino
Team Dino

Not surprising since Best Buy owns FutureShop.

n0b0dykn0ws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Location: Someplace between here and there... I think... I dont know anymore...
I only go to FS to buy blank media, movies, or TV/DVD sets. You never know what they are going to push in terms of computers, since every week, they seem to have something better to push, but after a couple of weeks, they start pushing the same stuff again.

I also hate the fact that they constantly hound you about the extended warranty, even after you say no. ¨You need to protect your investment¨ on a $29 DVD player that you are using for the cottage?

Things were different when FS was its own company, but since BestBuy took over, it has been down hill. In my city here, there is a FS just 500 yards down the road from BB, so they are just competing with themselves.

Screw them both, go to TigerDirect or NewEgg (soon to be available in Canada, but I used to deal with it in the US). At least when I have needed their support, it was prompt and efficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

FutureShop has always been like that ... I saw no difference when BB bought them.

I go to FS when they are advertising something I want at the lowest price. I go in, find the item, buy the item, and push salespeople out of my way.

Magic phrase: "I want to buy this item and that is all. If anyone asks me about extended warranties or anything else that annoys me, I will put this down and leave immediately. Would you like to ring me through now?"

Works EVERY time.

Online, I order from ncix.com. They are Canadian (Vancouver), have the lowest prices consistently, and have great service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:34 pm 

Don't even get me started on Future Shop. I know it's not PC related, but I bought a refrigerator from them two and a half years ago (I actually bought a fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer to outfit the house I'd just bought, so it was a large purchase). The appliances arrive and everything is OK except the fridge - the bottom trim piece (kick panel?) was missing. I called FS and explained, and expected them to simply send a new kick panel. Apparently, this would've been too simple. They told me that I'd need to return the fridge and exchange it for a new one. I explained that I had just paid nearly $200 in delivery charges for a reason: I don't have the means of carting large appliances about. After some arguing they finally relented and told me they'd drop a new fridge off and take my fridge away. Unfortunately none of these fridges were in stock, so I had to wait until they got more. Since the fridge worked I agreed.

A month later I'm still waiting. I call FS and complain. The fridge is coming from Korea (!) and will be two more weeks. Two weeks later I call again, wondering where my fridge is. Apparently it was damaged in shipment so they ordered another one. From Korea again. By this time I'm steaming, but there's not much I can do aside from a credit card dispute (my CC has a 90-day dispute period, so I'm still quite safe).

Another 6 weeks later and still no fridge. I call them up and give them my case number and they say they don't know anything about a replacement fridge - their records showed that the fridge had already been replaced (they thought I received the damaged one). I snapped. I told them that if I didn't have a new fridge by a certain date (I forget the actual date, but it was something like 89 days after the purchase) that I'd be doing a credit card dispute. They didn't like that much, almost accusing me of being a thief. Apparently when you do a CC dispute, the entire invoice is disputed, not just a single item on it, so I would have had to dispute the fridge along with the stove, dishwasher, W/D, etc. I told them that I didn't want to do that, but I was not paying for an incomplete fridge. I also told them that it was quite easy to avoid the dispute: Give me my God-damned fridge.

A few days before D-day they called and told me that they were on their way with the fridge. They could not get the model that I had bought, so they were giving me the next-best model. I agreed (it was several hundred dollars more expensive, but they weren't charging me any more). Later that day a 60-foot tractor-trailer pulls up (it was actually the driver who had called earlier, looking for directions). It was quite funny to see this enormous rig pull up, and even more amusing when he rolled the door open: My fridge was the only thing on it. A full-size trailer with nothing but my humble li'l fridge on it. Nothing like wasting fuel - I live 80 km (50 miles) from Future Shop!

Then the adventure of getting the thing off the truck. No hoist or anything (the floor on those trailers is about 5 feet off the ground), and only the driver (no helpers). Luckily I had a few friends over so we got the fridge off OK. Then the driver copped an attitude - he did not want to wait while I removed the doors from the defective fridge and removed it from my house. I basically told him I didn't care whether he waited or not - if he left, the fridge was going outside anyway and would be sitting by my garbage bin. Somebody would certainly pick it up. He finally decided it'd be in his best interest to wait.

So I got the fridge out, got the new one in, helped the driver load the old one onto his truck, and thought I was done with it.

Then the kicker: About six months later, I receive a package from the refrigerator manufacturer. It contained the plastic kick panel that was missing from my original fridge!!! Unfortunately it did not fit the new model, so I called the company and asked if they wanted me to return it, and they told me to chuck it.

I should have known better, though. I had previous run-ins with them with a printer (a state-of-the-art-at-the-time Canon BJC6000) and a Kenwood Excelon car stereo, both of which I was stupid enough to purchase the extended warranty, and both of which I was stupid enough to expect them to honour it.

[/rant]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:11 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Asterixx wrote:
This one time, at band camp...

[/rant]

d00d, that was pure lulz, glad it (kinda)worked out for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:39 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

lol, bet it felt like being kicked in teh nutz when the package arrived form the manufacturer. Great story and just another reason I don't go to BB (or anyone like them, ever...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Futureshop? I pronounce is "Futureshit"

I live in Canada, I've been to futureshop, and you'd think that they're on commotion that they'd want every penny you have to offer... but they don't give a shit. you'll see like 10 employees helping out 1 person, and you're standing there thinking of buying that 10 billion dollar TV and they don't even ask if you want help... I take my business elsewhere.