Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Creative Labs Rebate Dept.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:12 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

OK, being that I'm deployed to Iraq, they told us to buy what we needed to be comfortable for a year. So I splurge and bought Creative MegaWorks® THX® 6.1 650 that came with the DTS-100 Decoder and a rebate for a free Audigy 2NX. When my box gets here the rebate forums wasn’t in the box or in none of the paper work. So I email customer support and ask them what and I to do. They replied and told me that I need to cut my copy my upcs and send them along with the email and a shipping address. I did so. 2 months later I went to the website to check on the status of my rebate and it said that my information could be found. So I email customer support about the problem and the wont return the email. I've tried to call only to have them direct me to the rebate dept and them noone picks up. So now I miss out on my given right to have my FREE Audiogy 2 card. Come on MPC throw this on in the mag and give them a ring!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:25 pm 
V||V
V||V

dude i've bought 2 cards from them and didn't get either of my rebates.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:46 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I'm beginning to believe that rebates are just another con. For last two years, every time I'm supposed to get a rebate - not just computer stuff - it turns out there is some reason why I can't have it, or the company just ignores me when I ask about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:58 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

After emailing the BBB about how creative labs wasnt holding up their end of the deal and refusing to help my because I was deployed to Iraq, I recieved my my card in the mail with a lengthy apology letter.

Last edited by RickRock on Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:03 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I wonder if I could use the "posted to Iraq" bit with Soyo? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:05 pm 

Hey all,
I has purchased the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy ZS platinum from Circuit City with a $70.00 rebate back in late November.I got the rebate forms from CC at the time of purchase.I also called Creative's 800 rebate number asking about the requirment of sending the WHOLE BOX TOP.I was told to send the UPC only with the receipt.

Last weekend I realized I had yet to recieve the check so I called CC's 800 number(thinking the rebate was from Circuit City) and I couldnt find the reciept.They looked it up on thier computer,gave me the number of the reciept and also Creatives number.I called Creative,they said the check was getting ready to go out.Just got it today..............

You need to follow the rebate info to the letter,or call them before you send it in if there is any question about its validity.If you call,GET A NAME OF THE PERSON YOUR TALKING TO.
Most likely the person your talking to could easily wipe your info off the system with a mouse stroke.Try to remain buisness-like and it usually goes fairly well.Calling up asking "Where the he// is my rebate??" just dosent cut it......
Sometimes the rebates are handled through a rebate clearing house,and not the company making the product.In that case,if you dont claim your rebate,they keep the money.Watch those people and back up everything you send to them with copies.If you dont get satisfaction,GO TO THE MANUFACTURER AND COMPLAIN..

Hope this helps and good luck