Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UPS Delivery Guys/Girls SUCKK!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:54 pm 

i had them deliver my mobo & case.

mobo was dropped so hard that one of the corners bent & cracked

case was dropped twice. once cracking the clear pannel
the other cracking the front panel.

seriously, how hard is their job?
all they have to do is drive around and drop stuff off at peoples houses. it's not that difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:29 pm 
Million Club [PC]*
Million Club [PC]*

In all fairness, how do you know that the damage was done by the delivery person?
There's also the local distribution center, one or more DCs between there and the sender (as well as truck changes (read: loading/unloading)) at each one, the possibility of a plane;
also, there's the shipping & receiving dept. at the sender, as well as the warehouse people there.
Many hands have touched your box, not just those of the delivery person.

In any event, shipping damage should be reported to UPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:55 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

I don't know about you, but my UPS guy is top-notch. I've watched him, and he never throws, drops, kicks, etc anything that comes to my door. I still wish they waited for signatures, though.

Another thing to consider is how well your vendor packed your items. A lot of the time, foam peanuts or one layer of bubble wrap just aren't enough.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:11 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

My UPS guy is pretty good. Everything gets delivered here intact and on the porch. I can't figure it out but somehow he seems to be able to deliver and ring the doorbell without ever leaving the truck. (I thought FedEx was the one working on wormhole tech.) He never sticks around waiting for a signature either. Fortunately, nothing I've gotten has required one yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:29 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

As cup said, it is most likely not your drive, but rather the guys loading the trucks. I knew a few guys that worked for UPS and as I understand it they would use packages instead of say, soccer balls, to pass the time.

The drivers spend very little time handling your packages, so I wouldn't blame them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:51 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

there "job" is getting paid to drive around in a big brown turd and play kickball with your package.... nuff said.

Post subject: re: delivery
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:31 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I found ebay and I'm cheap, you can buy allot of stuff for a 20 bucks :shock: . As long as you find the free shipping items!

Having built 4-pc's in the last year, I've got a pile of boxes and packaging that would fill a shipping container. So I've had lots of deliveries from everyone, UPS, FedX, Postal, roadfreight. Haven't had to send one thing back for damage though. Not that I didn't have a minor scratch on something or some boxes that looked pretty scary. I guess I was lucky.

For the most part, after the delivery person gets to know your house, they don't wait for signatures unless it's required or has a high $ value. I know what you mean about them being back in the truck and moving before one even hears the doorbell, LOL.

Most of the stuff not from ebay came almost too well packaged, I'm talking a volume of over 4x the size, not to mention some things were doubled packed on top of the manufactures' box. I've received packages that had used towels and cut up sheets to rap up a monitor, LOL. It made it, but man it was kinda weird unpacking that :twisted:.

Only once did I have the delivery person point out package damage before they gave it to me otherwise I think they try to avoid making note of it unless you speak up. I can never stop myself from accepting the delivery cause I usually want the stuff, but that's kinda on me, :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:44 pm 

I've had good experience with UPS, it's the FedEx guy who I hate. He is got to be dyslexic. I have had 3 items delivered recently on 3 separate occasions 2 of which were FedEx and one UPS. The UPS guy delivers and leaves it behind my gate so no one can see. The FedEx guy delivers to 17102. I live at 17201. He also delivers a $300 rumba to 17102, where he leaves it in front of there garage door where EVERYONE can see a brand new unopened rumba box. :evil:

Post subject: Re: UPS Delivery Guys/Girls SUCKK!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

payless wrote:
seriously, how hard is their job?
all they have to do is drive around and drop stuff off at peoples houses. it's not that difficult.
Go work for them and say that. It's a major bitch to be employed by them, and a major pain to deal with the Teamsters as a box tosser. The drivers are set...the non union box tossers that messed up your case are to blame.
payless wrote:
case was dropped twice. once cracking the clear pannel
the other cracking the front panel.
You don't know how many times it was dropped! I can toss it once and break 5 things. Bet me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:55 am 

loaders and unloaders are teamsters. I don't know where you were that they were not.

I spent a few years as a loader, unloader and sorter. that is where the problem lies not with the driver.

false walls, over 70's, those are what damage most other packages.

My favorite line was "where is my steward!!!" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 am 
Team Member
Team Member

"UPS Delivery Guys/Girls SUCKK!"
Pics or it never happened. :wink:

*edit* I don't want pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:10 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

UPS and FEDEX have been pretty good to me. I live very close the UPS DC and 9 times out of 10 get my packages a day earlier then I should. Same with FEDEX, I usually get my packages early. I have never had to return a package because of damage.