Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell Email Support
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 am 

Just because I got sick of Dell.

I started off sending this to their support email:

Code:
I have a Dell XPS 1210 Laptop that was purchased in January 2007, didn't go into service until late February 2007 and now has a blue line running through the LCD screen from top to bottom. I need to get a replacement screen.

I am not impressed with the original quality of the screen. Somethings I can understand failing in a little more than a year, but LCDs shouldn't be one of them. I have a 9 year old Compaq that still runs without a single blemish on the screen.

Where can I get a replacement screen?

I get this back:

Code:
US_CAG_Customer_Care wrote:
Dear Chris Moody,

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.
I understand from your e-mail that you want replacement of LCD screen of your Dell laptop. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would have been more than happy to assist you; however, I am unable to locate your account with the information that you have provided. I would request you to provide any of the following numbers for the account you are referring to:

Customer number/ Order number/ Case number/ Reference number/ Dell Purchase ID/ Express Service Code/ Service Tag number.

Also, please provide us the complete name as it appears on your Dell account with us. Please refer to any one of the following documents so that you may provide us the correct information:

1.The order confirmation e-mail,
2.The order acknowledgement e-mail
3.The packing Slip, or
4.The Invoice.
Chris, please be informed that the service tag is a 5 or 7-digit alpha-numeric code located on the back, bottom or right side of the system unit on a bar-coded tag. In order to find the Service Tag of your Dell system, I would request you please visit any of the following web links;

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/en/my_systems_service_tag?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~mode=popup

[NOTE: This web link will automatically search and provide the Service Tag & Express Service Code of that particular Dell system, on which it is used. Therefore, please use this web link on the Dell system, whose Service Tag & Express Service Code you want to locate.]

OR

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?&docid=DAD1AFE6F90145549F7AA300E6671E47

[Use this web link for more information regarding how to locate the Service Tag or the Express Service Code]

Please understand that we must verify this information to ensure that an unauthorized party does not obtain information about your account.
If you require further assistance, please feel free to visit our Online Customer Care Center at:

http://support.dell.com

Thank you again, for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

Respectfully,
Shweta Marwaha
Rep ID 110797
5:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Dell Online Customer Care
When responding to me, please use the *REPLY* function of your e-mail program. This will keep the SAME SUBJECT LINE of our e-mail. Otherwise your message may be delayed or lost.

Fine. I reply:

Code:
The service tag of that system is: XXXXXX Express service code XXXXXXXXXX

Dell's reply:

Code:
Dear Chris Moody,

To protect your data privacy, we require a Dell identification number.  This can be found on any communication you have received regarding this order. 

A Dell identification number can be an order number, customer number, service tag number, express service code number, case number, Dell Purchase Id number or Reference number. Also please provide the complete name as it appears on the account with us. Please get back in touch with us once you have located this information and we will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Ujjwal Sharma
Rep ID 943456

When corresponding with Dell, please include your order or customer reference number.

GRRRRR. So I write:

Code:
> A Dell identification number can be an order number, customer number,
> service tag number, express service code number,

I ALREADY responded with the service number AND the express service code
below.

Here it is again:

> Original Message Follows:
> ------------------------
> The service tag of that system is: XXXXXXX Express service code
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The unit was quoted on 11/26/06 on quote number: XXXXXXXXX

Purchase was completed 1/7/07

The unit went into service 2/18/07

It was quoted for and sold to Chris Moody, customer number:
XXXXXXXXX

The unit's price was $1,722.00US

It was sold by XXXXX XXXXXX 1-800-456-3355 Ext:XXXXXXX Email:
XXXX_XXXXXX@dell.com

Their reply:

Code:
Dear Chris Moody,

To protect your data privacy, we require a Dell identification number.  This can be found on any communication you have received regarding this order. 

A Dell identification number can be an order number, customer number, service tag number, express service code number, case number, or DPS number. I would request you to provide the name on the account as it appears on the original order documents. Please get back in touch with us once you have located this information and we will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Prateek Murgai
Rep ID 169038

When corresponding with Dell, please include your order or customer reference number.

At this point, I was both boiling and laughing. I replied with:

Code:
ROFL! I gave this info to you already.

I get this back (can you guess):

Code:
Dear Chris Moody,

A Dell identification number can be an order number, customer number, service tag number, express service code number, case number, or DPS number. I would request you to provide the name on the account as it appears on the original order documents. Please get back in touch with us once you have located this information and we will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Prateek Murgai
Rep ID 169038

If I wasn't laughing so hard I'd be crying. I gotta call I guess and at least get a part number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Every time they send something, respond normally, but tac this to the end of it:

A monkey is sitting in a tree, smoking a joint, when
a lizard walks past. The lizard looks up and says to
the monkey "Hey! what are you doing?"

The monkey says "Smoking a joint, come up and join me,
my cold-blooded friend."
So the lizard climbs up and sits next to the monkey
and they have another joint.

After a while the lizard says his mouth is 'dry', and
that he's going to get a drink from the river.
At the riverbank, the lizard is so stoned that he
leans too far over and falls in.

A Crocodile sees this and swims over to the stoned
lizard, helping him to the side. He then asks the
lizard, "What's the matter with you?!"

The lizard explains to the crocodile that he was
sitting in the tree, smoking a joint with his new
monkey friend. He then explained how his mouth got
dry, and that he was so wasted that, when he went to
get a drink from the river, he fell in!

The inquisitive crocodile says he has to check this
out. He walks into the jungle and finds the tree where
the monkey is sitting, finishing a joint. He looks up
and says "Hey, MONKEY!"

The Monkey looks down and says "FUUUUCCK, DUDE.......
how much water did you drink?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 am 

I've had two more exchanges where I sent them a customer ID number and they reply with the same trash. Waiting to get number three back...

I think I could send them anything and get this back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:23 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

WOW! It looks like someone is not actually reading the emails.

If I couldn't find your service tag number based on the information you sent, I would have told you that and pointed you towards "real-time" help like chat.

Curious - are you able to pull up information about your system by putting in the id number on the dell support website?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:13 am 

Yeah, the trouble with chat is it won't let you through with an expired warranty. Mine is 6 months out. Tried that, system wouldn't connect me, just said my warranty expired. They also wanted cash to trouble shoot the problem before talking to me about it when I called (I know what the problem is, don't need to pay for confirmation and to get a part number), I was just hoping they'd stand behind the product give me a discount on a new panel...something. I did finally get through to a living being.

No such luck, I can buy the extend warranty for $369 or buy aftermarket LCD for $349.

I resell a lot of their products too. Color me unimpressed. :roll: