Do I expect too much?
yes 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
no 67%  67%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Comcast On Demand..Eh..
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:56 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

overall it is kinda....Underwhelming I guess, I thought I would watch some Daily Show, but they cut out most of the good parts...so then I thought I would watch Deadliest Catch....but again; it had a lot of content cut out...most of the "free" movies are well....underwhelming...Oh and for the 1st 4 months it never actually worked...well it was "not available"

IDK, for $100 a month for cable/internet I feel like I'm getting...overcharged? raped?

yup, thats it...small rant I guess...can't wait for the day when I can dump these guys...Might cancel the cable and try to go Satt. $55.48 for a basic cable pkg seems a little high and I wanted HD so they hit me for a $10 box....

I wish there was more comptition in my area....Maybe it's me...do I just expect too much?

Post subject: Re: Comcast On Demand..Eh..
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

yomanwill wrote:
overall it is kinda....Underwhelming I guess, I thought I would watch some Daily Show, but they cut out most of the good parts...so then I thought I would watch Deadliest Catch....but again; it had a lot of content cut out...most of the "free" movies are well....underwhelming...Oh and for the 1st 4 months it never actually worked...well it was "not available"

IDK, for $100 a month for cable/internet I feel like I'm getting...overcharged? raped?

yup, thats it...small rant I guess...can't wait for the day when I can dump these guys...Might cancel the cable and try to go Satt. $55.48 for a basic cable pkg seems a little high and I wanted HD so they hit me for a $10 box....

I wish there was more comptition in my area....Maybe it's me...do I just expect too much?

Switch to Verizon FIOS if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:18 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

On Demand content comes from the networks, not Comcast proper. If you subscribe to any of the premium channels, you'll have access to that On Demand programming as well. As for pricing and such, you should be able to call and see if there are any deals for current customers in your area. PM me for more info / suggestions. :)

Post subject: re: CC
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

hey,

I'm a user, and yea it's not cheap, that's fursure! and any deals are always short lived, I've not found anyway to reduce my bills once they're started, :(.

I need the high speed for wifes' work, so it's a deductable expense for me and I don't mind having it for all my net access, it's nice an fast. 60-bucks.

But it's the cable programing and cost that I don't care for(i.e. my wife needs to have all the channels, ha), so that brings it up to 190 a month, :(. Now for me, I don't care to have all the toys, so if u don't get the extras u might be able to get by with the 40$ package for tv.

My real complaint is that you don't get credit for their down time on ur billing. Service wise, I don't have any real complaints. It's more to do with the person u have to talk with then anything else. I don't hesitate to call when there is an issue, just to keep them on their toes, remember greasy wheel and all, lol.

Over all I don't think it's fair to expect more then 98% connectivity over a year(est 2hr/wk aprox 102 for a yr) but paying top dollar seems to make sure that service is addressed pretty quickly.

I'm not ready to commit to the phone by them also, I still like having the land line. It's bad enough when we loose either/or and kinda sucky when they both go down, but hey, good time to try doing something else for a change, lol.

It's kinda scray that one needs like 100s of bucks a month just to function, cable/internet/ph and that's not including the surviving stuff home/food/meds, then throw in a auto/gas/ac/elec/insc of all kinds, where does it end, aaaaaaaaah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:43 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

I pay under $120 for the triple play with extended digital TV package. Though, I am in my first year of having it, so I do expect that it'll go up after the first 12 months, but that's also when I'll drop the TV package, and just use the signal coming in from my intarwebs and phone to get TV. Huzzah!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

Comcast and the use of nice and fast should never be used. Verizon FIOS is even cheaper than Comcrap. I'm paying only 45/m for my 15/2 connection. And before you ask, no I never ever get throttled. Provided a server isn't busy, I can get DL speed close to 2MB/s(this just happened the other day DL an online free RPG. I tend to have 1MB/s DL on average from most sites. Sites that are usually hammered I never dip below 500kb/s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:18 am 
Northwood
Northwood

If we had FIOS around here, we'd probably be using it, but sadly, we don't. I also don't like the idea of signing up for a stupid contract. That's always a bad sign to me. I will admit, however, the Michael Bay commercial for FIOS "is awesome!!!!"

Post subject: Re: re: CC
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:56 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

caveman2010 wrote:
hey,
My real complaint is that you don't get credit for their down time on ur billing.

That's not true. If you are down for more than a day, you are due a credit on all of your services. You must call though; the credit is not automatic.

logan wrote:
Verizon FIOS is even cheaper than Comcrap. I'm paying only 45/m for my 15/2 connection.

Not necessarilly true. Prices vary per area. FIOS is higher where I am.

Post subject: Re: re: CC
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:13 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

Queenof1 wrote:
caveman2010 wrote:
hey,
My real complaint is that you don't get credit for their down time on ur billing.

That's not true. If you are down for more than a day, you are due a credit on all of your services. You must call though; the credit is not automatic.

logan wrote:
Verizon FIOS is even cheaper than Comcrap. I'm paying only 45/m for my 15/2 connection.

Not necessarilly true. Prices vary per area. FIOS is higher where I am.

Given what you get comparing the two, FIOS is still the better option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:00 pm 

Comcast sucks all around. Service, price, techs, and there new thing of making you get a box for certain channels that were on basic. Heres the deal, get them out of your community. Go to your City Council meetings and bitch up a storm. In certain states if the utility company is over charging, or not providing a fair service the city, it has the right to kick them out regardless if there locked in to a life time deal. In Iowa a lot of communities are putting in there own service and going to coops just to get rid of these over priced greedy telecommunication company's. Tell you what it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:48 pm 

Unfortunately, I live in an area where there is no choice, but Comcast (at least not yet)
I've trimmed the cost a bit by going with Vonage, rather than Comcast's phone service.

Tech service, in this area, has been super good... but dealing with phone operators can be a frustrating chore.

Hopefully, FIOS will be in our area soon...