Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UPS, Holiday SuperWorkers...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:46 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

I know most people have a preference towards either UPS or FedEx, and those preferences are usually based on a bad experience. I really don't have any brand loyalty either way, but I'll give credit where credit is due. UPS is simply kicking a** this holiday season!

1) My father sent a large package of Christmas gifts that arrived in two days from WV to Michigan. Impressive...not handstanding spectacular, but keep reading...

2) I ordered a set of heavy Logitech Z-5500 speakers from Amazon.com yesterday (12/8/04) at 3:00pm EST with free shipping and estimated delivery of Dec. 16-17th. They arrived today (12/9/04) at 3:35pm EST! For you math whizzes out there (you know you're crunching the numbers Belboz99), that's a mere 24.5 hours on free, ground shipping, and one week ahead of schedule.

Major w00tage to UPS and their employees this holiday season, with special mention to Amazon for their speedy processing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:34 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I'm a HUGE FedEx fan. They've just saved my butt for several years at my past jobs, and they've just never let me down there or at home.

But I'll agree that UPS has actually handled my packages well recently...must be seasonal workers :lol: I have a collection of pics of all my packages from UPS and they speak for themselves. But my SBC package was sent UPS ground and got from Round Rock, Texas to Folsom CA in 3 days; not a scratch on the box; the delivery guy knocked on my door TWICE because I didn't hear him the first time I guess (they usually just get back in the truck and send my package into a mobius loop), and everything in the box worked...major kudos all around.

I've been taking notice to changes they're making and hoping that they finally become a delivery system I can actually like instead of cuss like I have been (Comming from a family of Teamsters, I can't knock UPS to loudly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:34 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

I favor FedEx by default - their have a shipping facility is almost within spitting distance from me, so they get my business based on convenience. They've been cost friendly and despite a bad claims incident with them about 3 or 4 years ago, they did right by me on a lost package fairly recently. I like FedEx and they'll continue to get my dollar. :)

With UPS, I can't say if it's the season or if they are on top of things year round. I'm lucky though, in that the delivery guy for my area is super nice. He's the kind of employee that any organization wants, as he makes them look good. Always courteous and smiling wide. Come to think of it, I think he's up to something. Perhaps he kicks my cat and pees in my bushes before knocking on my door. Why, that son-of-a-...

Post subject: Re: UPS, Holiday SuperWorkers...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:02 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

One4yu2c wrote:
2) I ordered a set of heavy Logitech Z-5500 speakers from Amazon.com yesterday (12/8/04) at 3:00pm EST with free shipping and estimated delivery of Dec. 16-17th. They arrived today (12/9/04) at 3:35pm EST! For you math whizzes out there (you know you're crunching the numbers Belboz99), that's a mere 24.5 hours on free, ground shipping, and one week ahead of schedule.

Major w00tage to UPS and their employees this holiday season, with special mention to Amazon for their speedy processing! :D

Pfft... You call that heavy? We recently got a bunch of UPS's for our network/SAN (Read: BIG fuckin' batteries). :P
I don't know if they came in ahead of time, but kudos to the poor bastard that had to load that in the truck. :shock:
I used to load trucks for UPS and it SUCKS. $100. says that the driver bitched up a storm about those batteries. They always do.

/plays worlds smallest violin for UPS drivers everywhere. :twisted:

Anyways, yeah that is cool that they delivered it about a week ahead of time for you... Wish they'd do that for me. ;)