Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FedEx *lie* on Online tracking...Common practice?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:04 pm 

A bit steamed at what happened today, has this happened to you?

I recently ordered 2 PATA-to-SATA converters from Newegg. They sent me email with tracking number.

Diligently I track my package. Finally, it's "put on truck for local delivery" according to website. 7am. Should be around my house at 3pm-ish or so, which is their normal time.

I'm at home all day, basically backing up my PC's data onto DVD+RW before I blow my data away and make a RAID-0 array.

I keep tracking the package, and nothing.

Finally, I update the tracking page...

5:34 Attemped Delivery Recipient not home or closed business

WTF!?! Attempted Delivery my ass! My PC isn't 10 feet from the front door...my doorbell is loud as hell. I DIDN'T listen to music or go to my back yard....I was literally in Explorer all day doing file crap waiting for FedEx....and they lie about an attempted delivery!!!

This happen to anyone else? I sent FedEx a nasty email about that...damn contractual drivers, grrrr I knew that was a bad idea.

Now I have to wait around AGAIN tomorrow for that damn package...if it doesn't show up, I'm somehow going to find out a phone number to call and chew someone a new asshole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:19 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

The phone number is rather easy, 1-800-GO-FEDEX. I call them all the time, the instant I notice something wrong, and find out what's up, or to schedule redelivery. In alot of cases you can get same day retry on the delivery.

But if you want better service you must insist to talk with someone at the local station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:33 pm 

PPGMD wrote:
The phone number is rather easy, 1-800-GO-FEDEX. I call them all the time, the instant I notice something wrong, and find out what's up, or to schedule redelivery. In alot of cases you can get same day retry on the delivery.

But if you want better service you must insist to talk with someone at the local station.

Blarg, thanks for the tip. I had tried calling their 1-800 land delivery number, but it just led me in circles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:02 am 

Something kind of like that happend to a friend of mine. He was sitting in the living room with his kids waiting for Fed-Ex. The living room has a giant window that shows the sidewalk leading up to the front door. He sees the Fed-Ex guy pull up to the house and walk to the front door. He is walking towards the door to awnser when he sees the Fed-Ex guy walking away. On his door was the door handle thing saying they had attempted to make a delivery but no one was home. He has a bad knee so he couldn't run after him, instead he drove after him blaring his horn until the guy pulled over. If you think about it, the driver had pre made door posts made because it only took him a few seconds to walk away from the door. His car was in the driveway, no way he could have missed the three kids and him sitting in the living room, lights on and so was the TV.

It was pure B-S.

Post subject: Re: FedEx *lie* on Online tracking...Common practice?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:29 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

cputeq wrote:
I'm at home all day, basically backing up my PC's data onto DVD+RW before I blow my data away and make a RAID-0 array.

I keep tracking the package, and nothing.

Finally, I update the tracking page...

5:34 Attemped Delivery Recipient not home or closed business

WTF!?! Attempted Delivery my ass! My PC isn't 10 feet from the front door...my doorbell is loud as hell. I DIDN'T listen to music or go to my back yard....I was literally in Explorer all day doing file crap waiting for FedEx....and they lie about an attempted delivery!!!

This happen to anyone else?

Happens to me all the time. I've gotten it from FedEx, UPS AND USPS. :(
If it's smaller, low-value items I tell them to put it behind a bush next to the door. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:52 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

TWBalls wrote:
If it's smaller, low-value items I tell them to put it behind a bush next to the door. :)

Thanks for the tip. ;) Where do you keep your spare house key? Under the mat? :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:56 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Spider Monkey wrote:
Thanks for the tip. ;) Where do you keep your spare house key? Under the mat? :P

Don't have one. I have a key and my roomate has a key. Thats it. :)

I guess if we get locked out it's 'brick through the window' time. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:24 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

it sucks for all of you with problems. i signed some paper over a year ago when i first got a newegg order saying they can leave packages without someone signing for them, they just leave em next to my front door, and most of the time before 11 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:26 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

toidiochysp wrote:
it sucks for all of you with problems. i signed some paper over a year ago when i first got a newegg order saying they can leave packages without someone signing for them, they just leave em next to my front door, and most of the time before 11 am

same here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:26 pm 

I worked for FedEx doing deliveries...a lot of time stuff would come down the belt to our truck for delivery -> and lets say it's FedEx saver, and we are still on the second day of that obligation, a lot of times it will get marked as "on route to delivery" -> but that's just how the tracking system works...it may stay on our truck overnight (Or until we Check it back out)

And as for leaving tags, I'd complain as well, or contect FedEx and have them setup a "no-sign" authorization, so they can just leave it no matter what.

If that ever happens again - do call, they can send a message to the FedEx driver and have him come right back :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:34 pm 

Quote:
I worked for FedEx doing deliveries...

LET'S GET HIM!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:50 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Something similar happened to me about 2 months ago. I was expecting a shipment of Windows XP, 2003, 2000, Office and Visual Studio.NET.

Purolator pulls in the driveway. In less than 1 minute, Purolator pulls OUT of the driveway. There's an attempted devlivery notice on my door stating that no one was home. Strange, my car was in the driveway as was my father's, and my brother's motorbike.

We have one of those delivery things with Purolator where if we're not home they are to deliver it to the corner store about a block away. My Mom was working there for the day and Purolator did not show up there.

Of course I needed those programs for a client at work and I needed them NOW (they were already 2 days late because they weren't shipped out in time).

Purolator was happy to try and deliver them after the weekend on the Monday (it was Friday). I said I would come pick them up instead. I had to drive to the farthest away Purolator pickup stop in Ottawa, which is about 2 hours away on the east side of the city. I know they have at least 1 delivery center on the west side, just 2 minutes away from where I go to school. Sigh. I miss the old driver for Purolator :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:37 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Gee what a different name, before I did a quick google search, I was wondering why a oil company would be delivering packages. :oops:

I guess they aren't as customer friendly as fedex, fedex will at least attempt to redeliver if you call before 4pm-ish.