Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Intel Inside Logo Label
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:58 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Just completed my first build & system is running smoothly.

I come upon the Intel Inside Logo label & I would like to put the sticker on my case when I realized it's just a regular Intel Pentium 4 logo. My processor is an Intel Pentium 4 with HT Technology. Where's the HT?

There's a note with the sticker on how to request these logos by visiting their website. I log on to their website & regsiter.

I get a message that "In order to view this content, you must be enrolled in one of the Intel programs listed below." Underneath this message it says "Sorry, there are currently no programs available that will allow you to access the content to which you were navigating."

Intel could avoid all of this by providing the right sticker in the first place.

-misterLOBY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:46 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Loby, my sis works for Intel, I can see if she can get a sticker for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:19 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

OK. Thank you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:46 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I emailed her, give it a few days.

Edit-
Loby, she already replied- wow- that was really fast!

She said "I was told that the stickers are monitored very closely and are only provided to authorized dealers (I couldn’t get one!). He should go back to the dealer and ask them for the proper sticker"

Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:06 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Blondie and her sis are dead on. That sticker is closely watched and tries to make it only available with the cpu's purchased from them. Otherwise, shifty OEM's could get a hold of them and slap 'em on their cases. That sticker literally speaks for the entire set-up. I'd hate to purchase a machine with an "Intel P4 HT" sticker on a machine in a store pack'n a Celey.

It's a shame, but I'm not sure at all how you'd go about getting the correct sticker besides writting into Intel. They may go as far as request the old one from you...not too sure. But since you're just asking for one, I don't see them getting into too much of an uproar and just send you the correct one. I just wouldn't be surprised at all if they request the CPU S/N from you. They have software that can obtain this from your machine (if not blocked in the BIOS), or it's on the top of the CPU...which would stink to high heaven to try and get at this point (Sck-T's have them on the substrate, but it's still a pain to get to once installed).

And hey, this isn't a small deal. You paid good money in order to have that sticker, and their customer support should follow through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:43 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Yep, the P4 HT sticker is only available to the OEMs. They don't even send them with the P4 HT processor, which I think sucks, IMO. I see no reason not to include a P4 HT sticker with the P4 HT processors that come in the retail package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:24 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent to Intel & their response:

Shop Intel: Ask A Question

I purchased a Retail verion of the Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.00 GHz with HT Technology & the Intel Inside logo label provided inside was just a
regular Pentium 4 logo without the "HT." Why wasn't I provided with the correct logo & how can I obtain the correct logo?

Hello.

Thank you for contacting Shop Intel(SM).

For Hyper-Threading Technology to work, it requires the correct combination of components. Because we cannot guarantee how the boxed products will be assembled together, the case badges provided only indicate the level of the processor.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

Sincerely,
Gina H.
Shop Intel(SM) Customer Service
www.Intel.com/shop

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

A representative of Intel may subsequently contact you (via email) in order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the survey email.

I'm not going to make a big deal of it. The processor is working as it should & I already put the logo on the case already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:50 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

misterLOBY wrote:
Hello.

Thank you for contacting Shop Intel(SM).

For Hyper-Threading Technology to work, it requires the correct combination of components. Because we cannot guarantee how the boxed products will be assembled together, the case badges provided only indicate the level of the processor.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

Sincerely,
Gina H.
Shop Intel(SM) Customer Service
www.Intel.com/shop

I'm not going to make a big deal of it. The processor is working as it should & I already put the logo on the case already.

I didn't post all of my sister's email, she had added "unless they did not put an authorized Pentium in the pc… which is possible" which I took as meaning if you bought a prebuilt system. This led me to think that the HT stickers are only going in "authorized" pre-built systems from major manufacturers, and not in the retail boxed processors.

I don't get why it's Fort Knox for a sticker. Crud, if someone can find a picture of the sticker, you can make one pretty easy.

I would email where you bought the processor from, ask them about the sticker mix-up. Maybe even email "Shop Intel" back & ask if they send the correct sticker if you order a processor from them; or specify is the sticker only available for authorized prebuilt systems- just curious. If you do reply to Gina, make sure you spell everything out- she sounds blonder than I am! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:02 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I like Intel but they are making a huge deal out of this. I mean WOW this is ridiculous (note that it is spelled correctly).

Well you said that it wasnt a big deal so i guess thats OK.

I wonder if the same thing hapens with Extreme editin CPUs, it would suck to ahve an EE and not have the extended black part on the case.

*shudders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:01 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

this may be kinda redundent but did you check http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/ ... t=1059.htm
im also looking round for a site that sells em dirt cheap.

edit:
just found this on ebay there EE though
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 35486&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:12 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Chumly wrote:
Blondie and her sis are dead on. That sticker is closely watched and tries to make it only available with the cpu's purchased from them. Otherwise, shifty OEM's could get a hold of them and slap 'em on their cases. That sticker literally speaks for the entire set-up. I'd hate to purchase a machine with an "Intel P4 HT" sticker on a machine in a store pack'n a Celey.

Man, that sucks. I mean, it's a friggin' sticker. If someone buy's a PC simply because it's got a sticker, they should be slapped.

My brother's PC (that I built for him), previously was a P4 system and had a P4 sticker on it. The motherboard ended up going bad on it and was replaced with an AthlonXP/Nforce2 system. It still has the P4 sticker on it to this day because we're too lazy to peel it off and/or don't really care enough to bother.

I also have about 5 or so PC's that have 'Designed for Windows [insert version here]' stickers on 'em, yet are running Linux. :)

I realize they have a brand/reputation they have to protect, but this is going overboard IMNSHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:29 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Funny, my sister told me that she was actually in this same situation. She bought a pc that had the P4 in it, but didn't have a sticker- that was how she found out about it, even she couldn't get one.

Intel really treats their employees like crap. I hope AMD is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:44 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Blondie wrote:
Intel really treats their employees like crap. I hope AMD is better.

I don't know employment wise as I've never been employed by either company, but I *do* know that AMD is a LOT more lax when it comes to stickers. I ordered some Athlon and Duron stickers some time ago with no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:03 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

TWBalls wrote:
My brother's PC (that I built for him), previously was a P4 system and had a P4 sticker on it. The motherboard ended up going bad on it and was replaced with an AthlonXP/Nforce2 system. It still has the P4 sticker on it to this day because we're too lazy to peel it off and/or don't really care enough to bother.

I did the same, except for different reasons. There was a system builder event where you could build a Athlon 64 system for cheap, unfortunately the case I ordered for the event came damaged and I had no time to exchange it.

So I took apart my P4 (w/HT, but no sticker, so I guess it wasn't HT :lol: ), and built the Athlon 64 in it. I then put the Athlon 64 sticker right next to the P4 sticker just for kicks and giggles.

Anyways AMD is much more lax, I have a reel of Athlon 64 stickers even though I have only sold a handful of Athlon 64 systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:14 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

OK dude....this is dumb, but you do realize your going through all this trouble just to get a sticker........I salute you, if you march to intels HQ ill go with you :p :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:03 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

My sister also said that Newegg may not be an authorized Intel reseller, & that they may be buying them on the gray market.