Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Authorized HP repair stores ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:01 am 

I checked HP website and saw that BestBuy is the authorized HP repair place near my place so I went there to send my HP All-in-One 5110 printer to be fixed cuz it got continous error message "please close the cartridge door" even though it is closed. I paid $24.95 deposit using my credit card for them to take my printer in for repairs. They told me about two weeks to get it back. Two weeks later, I got a call from them that they can't fix it cuz they are not authorized to do it. :? I went to pick up my printer. I didn't have my reciept with me cuz my apt. is a mess figuring that they got my info in their computer system. They got my name and address but no proof I paid the deposit. The guy who got my deposit might have not bothered to document it into the computer system. They said sorry I can't get the deposit back since it didn't say I paid them. I was getting pissed. I told them "Listen, you accepted my printer right? That means I did pay for my deposit otherwise if I didn't pay the deposit then you wouldn't have taken my printer" "You got my printer in your hands right now and you are refusing to pay me back my deposit." "I can call the police and charge you for theft or fraud." Those clerks went glup! :shock: and offered me a BestBuy gift card with $24.95 on it. I took it and went out. I called HP again and they said BestBuy I went to is authorized place to take in my HP printer. What's the heck is going on ! I am getting a run around here. My printer is still not repaired since September. The warranty ran out in August ..how convienent!
So I decided to go for Radio Shack which is other HP "authorized repair place" Paid $20 deposit. Waited a week then called them on a Friday. "Oh yes it has arrived but they tried to call you for authorization for the repair price so it's been returned unrepaired" Huh? I checked my answering machine ...lots of hang ups(probably one of them). I told the Radio Shack clerk that I do authorize it and please send it back to the repair place. It cost $80 for parts and $20 for labor. I waited another week and called them again. "Yes it has arrived come and get it." I came and got it. It cost $20 and I don't have to pay anything. I was puzzled and couldn't figure it out so I took it home and tried it...still broken with same continuous error message. I took it back and told them I authorized the repair and I bet it had not been sent back to the repair center and had been sitting all week at the store. They took my printer to send it to the repair shop....I am waiting......It's November now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:51 am 
Northwood
Northwood

send a nasty letter to HP, include any documents showing your costs and if possible the names of the people you've talked to in the stores

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:49 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Used a CC to pay? See if you can void the payment. Next, talk directly to HP and get authorisation to send your printer to THEM directly for repair. Then send it registered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:25 pm 

I went in www.HP.com and looked for the address to send the broken printer directly to HP. I couldn't find it in there. HP didn't want people to send it directly to them. Why would they make it hard for us to find their direct address for repairs ? All I can find is in HP service provider locator section. I know it would be lot easier to send directly but it's not possible...maybe that's why I had to drop it off at the stores so they will send it directly to HP from there cuz they get supplies from HP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:50 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

take it to radio shack our repair center actually works and the deposite is only $20 if there even is one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:08 am 

I know it's different for end consumers, but I had a broken printer to get returned at the school that I work for. I called their tech support and they did the whole troubleshooting crap that I had already done, then they just gave me the address to send it to and that was it. Of course, now that I think about it, the printer was still under warranty, so that was probably why it went so easily.

Post subject: HP repair B.S. update!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:30 pm 

After two weeks at BestBuy informing me of "not authorized to repair HP products" and the hassle of getting my deposit back. I took it to Radio Shack in end of October. I waited one week and called them to see if it's back. Yep it is with a note saying "retured without repair" I was like huh? the clerk explained that the repair dept. tried to call me to give me the estimate and repairs with my authorization. I checked my caller ID and there was no calls from them. I checked my digital answering machine...nope. Sigh! I told the clerk I authorize the repairs. The deposit is still $20.00. They sent it back to the repair dept. in NY. It was two weeks long and finally I went to pick it up and paid $104 for the "labor and repairs". Carrying it to my van and I took a closer look and felt funny that it looked very clean and bit different. I had green sticker on the back of the printer. It's not there. Obviously the repair dept. made a switch. I called HP tech support. They said to call Radio Shack since they did the repairs not HP. Sigh! I called Radio Shack tech support. They explained that there is no parts available for HP officejet 5110 all-in-one I bought last August. They gave me a re-manufactured printer with same type and model. They explained that it's lot cheaper to swap it than doing the actual repairs. I asked why I am charged for "repairs" of $80 and labor of $20 plus tax. They said well $20 of labor is spent looking what was wrong with my printer and $80 is how much I paid for getting the swap to that printer I got and it's lot cheaper than getting $350 brand new printer. I grumbled and still thinking I was cheated. I hung up and thought that was the last time I bought a HP product. I felt cheated! I dunno if I got a good deal out of it ? What do you think ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:45 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

My experience with HP is very different. I used the online chat tech support, once we went thru the normal troubleshooting they decided my PSC 2410 was bad. They shipped me a new one with prepaid shipping return via UPS for the bad printer, I had my new printer in a week. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:50 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Baltimore City, MD, USA ... *does windmills around the moshpit*
I owned a Pavilion Laptop for my fall 2003 and spring 2004 semesters at college. Somehow my floppy drive cover got lodged inside in a funny way and my CD R/W drive stopped burning all of a sudden. Since i had a 4-year 'doesnt matter what happens' warranty i take it to circuit city where i had bought it with the warranty, and file the repair slip. Doesn't cost me anything to send it away and have them fix it... but it comes back with a piece of tape over the floppy drive saying "malfunctioning" and a piece of tape over the CD R/W drive also saying "malfunctioning." I took it back and sent it away a second time and when it was returned two weeks later they slipped a note inside saying they forgot to fix it before sending it back to me.

-Gweedo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:09 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

It amazes me that Compaq & HP are the same company. If you go to the Compaq side of the web site, it is easier to navigate, and has an easy to find link for the online chat. Going to the HP side, stresses me out. Nothing is easy to find, the tech chat is hidden. Due to this, I would never buy an HP product, no matter how good of a rating they would get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:43 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

My Friend Rachell has an HP computer and a while back she had a noisey fan motor. She called HPtech Support which is in India and Got a techie she could not understand.

She called a day or two later and the guy wanted her to open the computer and check and see if there was a wire loose or what.

She said no because she knew very little about fixxing a computer.

It would void the warrenty if she did anyway.

She finally got someone at HP to send her a postage paid box for her tower which was sent to Califoria and it was fixxed in two days and mailed back to her on the next thursday of the next week.

It had a windows bootup problem and they put in a new fan and it cost her nothing..

I think it is the person you talk to. HP. Customer service and Tech support is in Indiia and for us who speak English it is hard to understand them when they have a heavy accent.

Good luck on the printer

David