Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

How much $ have you spent on Newegg.com, in the last 12 months?
nothing 18%  18%  [ 18 ]
$5 - $250 14%  14%  [ 14 ]
$250 - $600 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
$600 - $1000 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
way too much 34%  34%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 99
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:37 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Newegg can suck my dick because they don't sell to Canadians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:27 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I guess I fit under "way too much"
Just under $1500 so far in 2004... and I'm thinking about building a new rig :shock: Damn, and I bought my processor, video card, case, and mobo locally
Tally up another Newegg addict :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:47 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Im in the high thousands. All my customer parts come from Newegg only. Personally, around 1500 id guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:44 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Screw newegg, they are starting to charge more on their produts and add $3 or more on shipping. I compare their prices against zipzoomfly and seems like always zipzoomfly has a lower price or the same but with FREE 2nd day shipping. I've ordered twice in the past two months and both times items have come in the 2nd day. Needless to say I saved over $25 on shipping. $25 which anyone can use for gas, food, etc, etc, etc......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:40 pm 

I agree. Newegg has definitely raised prices a little and increased all there shipping. Was nice when you could order just about anything and not worry about shipping. Even I have started checking other sites...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:51 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
a fairly new mailorder place out here in sunny cal. called encore stratagies has pulled money from my pocket by being in many cases lower than price watch, and a bonus of free delivery in the bay area, thats hand delivery, by the owner, even cod.

they dont have everything, but they are worth checking out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:02 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I too am starting to question NewEggs pricing and shipping costs. They used to be the only place to shop, now I always check around before I order from them. ZipZoomFly has been getting more of my business these days. Im' also disappointed in NewEggs new product review policy

Quote:
Newegg.com moderates all review submissions to ensure that only reviews that offer helpful insight are published.*

What to include in your submission:
• Experiences with a fully-functional product leading to perceived pros and cons**
• Thoughts about the product's feature-set as you've experienced it

What NOT to include in your submission:
• Profanity, obscenity and other offensive language
• Single-word reviews
• Non product-specific reviews
• Any mention of Newegg.com's competitors by name
• URLs, specific pricing, and specific availability (or other time-sensitive information)
• Experiences with a DOA, defective, damaged or otherwise semi-functional product**
• Reviews that criticize the brand or reseller without a majority of the review offering product-specific insight

*Newegg.com reserves the right to accept or reject any review in its sole and absolute own discretion
**DOA's (Dead On Arrival) are an unavoidable aspect of any business model that involves direct shipment to customers. Please understand that Newegg.com ships only products it assumes to be functional and that any defective product you may have received was either damaged in transit or was anomalous.

I would prefer to know if a product has a history of defects before I buy it,
but this policy prevents anyone from posting that information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:20 pm 

Quote:
I would prefer to know if a product has a history of defects before I buy it,
but this policy prevents anyone from posting that information.

I agree, its always nice to see what products are junk when your looking for something very cheap or trying something new.

Shame on newegg!!! Maybe we should send them the link to the forums so they can see what there customers are starting to think.

A while back, Netflix upped there pricing. Enough people complained about it and they put the prices back down to what they were, then sent an email stating that due to customer complaints, they have lowered there prices again. Always good to go with what customers thing. I think ill start checking around as well from now on. What gets me the most is the extra shipping they started charging for.

Another thing ive noticed in pricing......lets say you want to buy a set of speakes. They were $60 last week with free shipping. Today you go back to there site and see they are on "sale", or HOT BUY for $48...plus $12 shipping, lol. They do that all the time. I guess they have alot of idiots that dont ever realize it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:26 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ricksickle wrote:
Another thing ive noticed in pricing......lets say you want to buy a set of speakes. They were $60 last week with free shipping. Today you go back to there site and see they are on "sale", or HOT BUY for $48...plus $12 shipping, lol. They do that all the time. I guess they have alot of idiots that dont ever realize it.

Yea, I've noticed that a lot lately. "Special 1 day sale", and the actual total price with shipping is more than it was yesterday. WTH?? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:21 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I think newegg is great but i hate buying stuff online. I want it when i pay for it not 2 days later. (read: I like retail.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:15 am 

ATI4EVER! wrote:

I think newegg is great but i hate buying stuff online. I want it when i pay for it not 2 days later. (read: I like retail.)

That might work for purchases once in a while, but when you buy the amount of stuff that i do, and probably most everyone else around here, its cheaper to buy online. The price difference between online vendors and retail stores is enough that the 2 day wait is worth it.=, especially adding up the difference over a month or 2. Just my opinion though, ive never needed anything that bad that i had to have it right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:03 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

The digital camera put me over the $1000 top for the 12 month time period.

It just goes up from there. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:57 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

can anyone enlighten me on how newegg figures shipping costs? Bought a PSU that wieghed a few pounds and the shipping cost was $5. Bought a stick of ram, even with packing MIGHT have weighed 4 oz., shipping cost $7.50. Bought a round cable for $3.50, shipping $4.50....WTF, over.