Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Amazed by Velocity Micro
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:04 pm 

Hi everbody...

Recently I had to rebuild a friends laptop due to some nasty spyware he managed to get, but when I went to the Velocity Micro site for some drivers... all I found were links to Nvidia, ATi, Creative, and Pinnacle. (http://www.velocitymicro.com/downloads.php#drivers)

What kind of nonsense is this? Shouldn't a hardware vendor provide a better solution/list of drivers and hardware used in their product? Or am I expecting too much? The solution from customer support (which had a fast response @ 10pm I should add) was to use the driver cd... if I had the driver cd there would have been no need for me to visit their site in the first place.

I really think MPC should have held on to their review and 9 stars from June 2004 until they came up with a better solution for listing drivers for their product.

That's all. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:44 am 

a lot of manufacturers do this. The specific manufacturer of each component will have the most up-to-date drivers on their site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:13 am 

ranger_dood wrote:
a lot of manufacturers do this. The specific manufacturer of each component will have the most up-to-date drivers on their site.
I understand that... but they only listed 4 manufacturers for all the hardware from all their systems. I guess I am too used to visiting sites like Dell, IBM, HP/Comaq that provide you with the components of a machine or the drivers.

I do have to mention that Velocity Micro was amazing when it came to customer support. Even though I was not the original customer and it isn't my laptop, they are sending me driver cd's for the laptop, without my prompting!