Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Would you like to see high end wired imput devices corded and high end headphones wireless?
Yes 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
No 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Wireless Vs. The Cord
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:00 am 

OK I am a gamer. As a gamer I don't like lag or connection issues. Esspecially when it comes to my mouse and keyboard. However everything is going wireless and I will not buy a wireless imput device even though all the nicest stuff out there is now WIRELESS!!!

I tried it once with a wireless joystick but some times it would lose its connection and I would just start drifting off into the ground and die or the batteries would go low. I also have a friend who got a wireless keyboard & mouse. After having it a week he chucked it out the window for the same reasons I mentioned.

Well there are some things they can make wireless but we don't get support for it. Such as Headsets. I use voice chat over the net and so I need a microphone attached to my headset. I like to move my head around freely and want to be comfortable as I play. However all head sets are chorded!!! Even though the mircophone is an imput device, it does not effect game play and that is really what it comes down to.

In short... hight end Keyboards, mice, and joysticks should NOT only be offered in Cordless and high end headphones SHOULD be offered cordless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 am 
Astro lube 2 the MAX!
Astro lube 2 the MAX!

From various people on the board and internet, say the Logitech MX series Mouse/Keyboards work flawless without any lag. I wouldn't totally shut them out if you haven't tried any of the newer offerings.

There might be a bluetooth headset that is wireless that might work for you. I don't know any brands on top of my head. I know they are out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:32 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I am the same way, here's to the Intellimouse Explorer (WIRED)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:34 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Logitech=No Lag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:22 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I've got an old Logitech wireless ball mouse that I love. I use AAA rechargable batteries. Hubby has a Microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer that uses AA rechargables. He goes through more batteries than me cause his is an optical. We make sure he has a few sets or charged batteries in his desk. He games & hasn't found a mouse that does what this one does. He also uses older software for it since some of the mouse options aren't available in the newer software. I'd like to see an on/off button on the wireless optical mice

Is your sound port in the back of the computer? If so, you may be interested in Game Surround, unless of course you've got a kick ass sound card. I picked this up for hubby, while it isn't wireless, it does allow you to connect the headset in a more convenient location. I was looking for a product like this that worked off of his existing sound card but couldn't find anything. He says the sound is good & likes that his headset has more line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:28 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the mx1000 would change his mind, it has an on off switch, but it turns itself off in a few seconds anyway, which leads to better battery life. more time between charges, about 4 times better than the mx700 was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:47 am 

I've got an MX 700 and it is absolutely the best mouse I've ever used. The Batteries last a very long time, they recharge in a very short time and I've experienced absolutely no lag whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:22 am 

My brother in law got a wireless keyboard and mouse over Christmas. I saw him a couple weeks ago and he had returned them. It was a Microsoft bundle. He plays a lot of first person shooters like I do, and he said that the mouse would loose its signal sometimes, especially if the battery was low, and it got old real fast. He is back to the cord.

As for me. I am staying with the cord. I just wish the nice products that are made cordless, would be made for us who want a cord. Never will I have an imput device for my PC that is cordless...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:14 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I have the Logitech MX cordless keyboard and mouse, and I love them. I hate corded mice, they don't have a single advantage over a good cordless, unless you like having to fumble around with a cord all the time an advantage. Plus Logitech was great with customer service for me, when my mouse started getting flaky, they sent out a brand new combo, no charge :D
Don't buy MS hardware, it sucks ass. I had a MS cordless bluetooth mouse to use with my laptop, I had nothing but problems with it. Now this $80 POS is laying in a box with all my other computer junk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:48 am 

You testimonal is good but I still am a skeptic about going wireless knowing that soo many people have had issues with them.

I just think that there is a market for people (gamers) who do not want wireless but want the nice keyboards and a nice mouse. IMO the first company that caters to the gamer will get a HUGE payoff. Gaming is now one of the largest industries in the entertainment field.

One way they could do it would be to make it so the keyboard and mouse have a cord that can be removed. Just a little plug in for those who want it. Or just start making stuff that is especially for gamers... this is a huge market just waiting to be tapped...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:09 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the secret is to buy the good stuff, spare the dollar and get what you pay for, if you tried the mx1000, you would never go back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:58 pm 

I'm like LawnGnome, my gaming drives my decisions.
I do have a wireless mouse, but it's for just casual use.
As a racing sim gamer, I cannot afford even one mistake. A race could take two hours, and during that period of time, one small problem could lead to wrecking out. I just can't afford to, or am willing to risk any connection issues. So I go with corded devices. Not because I want to, but according to my logic, I have to. I would love to use the new Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard, I do know they are quality, and very reliable. I just can't afford the risk. In fact, when you compare risk to reward, corded wins in my personal world.