Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:12 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Wow. I feel like I bet on 00 at the roulette table and hit. Am I the only one who got both rebate checks after resubmitting the forms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:50 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Yeah, I think you must be the only one. I just e-mailed Howie again.

In two weeks, it will be exactly one years since I first mailed the rebate application in. IF a check ever shows up, I'll have to buy it a birthday cake...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:53 am 

I've had a similar experience to the posts I'm reading here.

Bought the Soyo Dragon 2 (SY-P4I865PE+) Mobo, submitted the rebates... twice... still nothing but the run-around and excuses from Soyo.

Oh... and the motherboard never worked. Just constantly restarts. I never sent it back because I was thinking if they ever paid me, I'd break even and just write it off as pain. Now I'm coming up on a year since the purchase. Guess, I'd better do something soon.

Several of the guys I work with had the same experience so we all reported Soyo to the FTC. After they hammered CompUSA and QPC ( http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2 ... mpusa.html ) I thought it might help. It made me feel better, although so far all I've recieved back from the FTC is an email thanking me for my report. I have to admit, it would fill me with glee if the FTC stepped on them. :twisted:

I'm surprised The Dog hasn't picked this one up. Seems like there are tons of posts about Soyo ripping people off on the Internet.

Well, whether or not I get the rebates or the mb replaced, I won't be buying anymore Soyo products. F**kers.

-Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:30 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

The mobo I got from them is fine, altough not as flexible as I had thought. But I agree, no more Soyo for me.

I think those of us that got ripped off for the rebate have pretty much given up. But if I ever get my hands on some weapons grade plutonium... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I wonder how the Dog can find the room to post every notebook and battery recall for years old laptops known to mankind, but can't spare the room for a rebate scam that's obviously not far fetched or limited to just a few people.

-1 for Maximum PC and the Dog.

Post subject: SOYO - Class Action Lawsuit - enough talking about it...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:52 am 

I have been dealing with this company for over a year now, not only on the rebates that they fail to honor, but also the quality of their products. Obviously customer support is not in Soyo's vocabulary or job description.

A Class Action Lawsuit - enough talking about it, lets do it. It can't be done alone, so I say enough is enough, lets get this orchestrated and teach them a lesson in business ethics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Bumping 3 year old threads is a definite no-no, but I thought all of you fellow MPCers that got burned by Soyo would find my latest blog of interest:

My story begins nearly three years ago and concerns a company called Soyo. Newer enthusiasts aren't likely to recognize the name, but Soyo at one time churned out a line of motherboards, with their DRAGON series denoting the flagship models. One of the last boards to roll off the assembly line, Soyo's SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0 advertised itself as a 'Prescott-Ready' slice of silicon riding the highly popular (at the time) Intel i865PE chipset. Further enticing would-be builders, the board carried a budget friendly $75 price tag, and though it wouldn't seem the pot needed any more sweetening, Soyo upped the ante by offering $75 in mail-in-rebates, in essence making it a free motherboard. Who could resist, right? Certainly not I, along with hundreds of others, and perhaps the overwhelming popularity is why things ultimately turned sour.

Read More (and give a brother a Digg!)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:49 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Well glad to read someone got their check!

I applaud you for writing about it too. It's about time the story came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:19 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

You got Inquired!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:04 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

OCNoob wrote:
You got Inquired!

I had sent them the link and asked that they check it out. Over on HardwareLogic, we (site owner and myself) regularly submit our reviews and guides to the Inq., and they've been real good about posting our content. I figured a Soyo rebate paid 3 years after the fact was worthy of a mention. :)

Blondie wrote:
I applaud you for writing about it too. It's about time the story came out.

The blog was the first thing on my mind when they got in contact with me, along with "wow, I can justifiably bump a 3yr old thread!" :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8