Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MY Newegg Experience...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:45 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

We all know of Newegg's reputation and that they're THE place to shop most of the time. It's old hat by now, but they've managed to surprise even me today.

PART 1
After ordering the Soyo motherboard on the rebate offer, I went back and noticed that it was eligible for a free silver Newegg pen as one of those customer appreciation gifts. Unfortunately, my order had already been processed and boxed up, ready to go. So, I wrote them an email and told them that I hadn't noticed the gift the first time, and politely asked if it was too late to take advantage of it. They responded and wrote "Altough you may have forgotten to place your order for your free gift, it would be my pleasure to send you one as soon as possible." It's just a pen, yes, but c'mon that's too cool.

PART 2
Today, my box from Newegg arrived. Kind of a big box to house one pen was my initial thought. I open it and there was a green AMD pen, a purple Plextor pen, and as promised a silver Newegg pen. Might not be worth much moneywise, but the geek factor scores a few points.

IN ADDITION, they threw in a high quality, sharp looking black Newegg hat. It actually looks pretty nice, and I've been wearing it today.

FINALLY, they also threw in a nifty Newegg alarm clock with full onscreen calander and time (including international time zones, look at buttons on link below). It opens automatically and has sound.

So anyway, I thought I'd share this little experience, as I shouldn't even have gotten the pen to begin with, given the fact that I overlooked it. They shelled for shipping a second box and threw in no less than 5 geeky items. THAT'S customer service. :)

Hat (looks better in person)
Newegg Pen
Alarm Clock/Time Zones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:54 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

remind me next time to "forget" about the free customer appreciation gift when i order something.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:08 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

wow, i have geek envy, i'm gonna forget on my next order too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:03 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Bwahaha. Did you read any of the 'reviews' for the hat?

"after installing this hat, reformatting windows XP on an Abit NF7s mobo, setting up a wireless home network, and programming my VCR to stop that incessant blinking 12:00, this hat fully comforted and protected my forehead from injury after slamming it into the desk. Way to go newegg."

***edit***
I just checked this post. I didn't realize I had c&p'd extra crap... Fixed now.

Now, I wonder if I'm getting any cool, free stuff from Newegg when My new burner comes in? :)

Last edited by TWBalls on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:11 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

LOL, I hadn't checked the reviews. That's right up my alley, I need to go write something up :D