Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ASUS has poor customer service
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 am 

I purchased a P8Z68 V Pro from newegg. It was bad. I contacted ASUS tech support and they had me do some test and told me it was defective and I should return it to newegg. I did so and received a different board. I installed that board and it had different problems. I contacted ASUS again and they said they would replace the board and that I was to send the bad board to them. They said I could do the advanced replacement so I would not have to wait so long. This took place on February 6th. I waited and waited for the board to arrive and send the other one back. I never received it. I finally called the back on the 21st. The person I spoke to said that they were out of stock on this board and that I could send mine in and they would repair it and send it back. They also said it would take 2 weeks after they received it. I asked to speak to a supervisor about waiting 2 weeks already for my advanced replacement board. I was told that a supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. (Yeah right) It has now been 3 days and still no return call. What a shocker. ASUS needs to take better care of problems like this. Their chat support link has not worked for about a month, it just says that the chat is not available at this time try back later. I did not buy a brand new board to send in and get repaired and sent back to me. They usually have a good product and it is ranked as a good board by this magazine but the company evidently only cares about sales and not support.

Post subject: Re: ASUS has poor customer service
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

This is why their CS is rated a D at most places. They make some great, fantastic products; when they work its wonderful, but when you need to deal with their CS, I go %@#*#!%#$^*%& all the time. It's a wonder how they make so much money and make awesome products but have such shitty service for the past 10 years... And yes 10 years for the same level of crap.

They did the same thing with my P4 mobo back in the day. I ended up just selling the asus board on ebay when it was repaired and went with gigabyte. Even now with my asus laptop, it took them 8 days to get back to me when they said 1 business day. They must be working with pluto business days at their rate. lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:51 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

2 words
new
egg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:31 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I thought newegg was one word... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

Grim Reaper wrote:
I purchased a P8Z68 V Pro from newegg. It was bad. I contacted ASUS tech support and they had me do some test and told me it was defective and I should return it to newegg. I did so and received a different board. I installed that board and it had different problems. I contacted ASUS again and they said they would replace the board and that I was to send the bad board to them. They said I could do the advanced replacement so I would not have to wait so long. This took place on February 6th. I waited and waited for the board to arrive and send the other one back. I never received it. I finally called the back on the 21st. The person I spoke to said that they were out of stock on this board and that I could send mine in and they would repair it and send it back. They also said it would take 2 weeks after they received it. I asked to speak to a supervisor about waiting 2 weeks already for my advanced replacement board. I was told that a supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. (Yeah right) It has now been 3 days and still no return call. What a shocker. ASUS needs to take better care of problems like this. Their chat support link has not worked for about a month, it just says that the chat is not available at this time try back later. I did not buy a brand new board to send in and get repaired and sent back to me. They usually have a good product and it is ranked as a good board by this magazine but the company evidently only cares about sales and not support.

I have heard Asus has bad customer support. Luckily I have not had to deal with them yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

As far as I've seen, it's a negative in their motherboard and videocard department but a positive in their laptop department. So it may not be widespread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Strange. I bought a laptop from them via Amazon. It came with a defective GPU. I got an RMA, but it did take some persistence (It was tech support, I expected them make me go through the usual 'stupid people' routine). I thought that their support was just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 am 

I bought the P8Z77-V motherboard from Asus for a gaming computer I was building. I was having an issue where the MOBO was showing that my RAM was under clocked; the RAM was rated at 1600Mhz but the board was showing 1333Mhz.

I made the mistake of calling ASUS tech support in hopes that there would be a simple fix for this issue. Once I was on the phone with Tech Support I could immediately tell that whoever I was talking to knew less about computers than I did. Every time the man on the phone would instruct me to do something and it didn't work he would put me on hold and disappear for 5-10 minutes.

Finally, after about 45 minutes of failed attempts at resolving my issue I was informed that my board was faulty and that I needed to take it back to COMPUSA. Pissed off, I had to completely take apart my newly assembled computer and return the board. After about 3 hours, the board was swapped out and functioning in my system once again. Same issue as the previous board.

I checked the owners manual and found that this was a fairly common issue and that I simply needed to manually increase the memory clock speed in the EUFI, problem solved. I admit, I should have checked the manual before calling but, as I said, I figured it would be a quick fix.

So basically ASUS tech support made me pull my MOBO from my system (a complete pain in the ass as you probably know) for no reason at all. You would think that a resolution that is in the owners manual would be known by these morons but apparently not. I'm not claiming to be some computer "master genius extraordinaire," but I know my stuff and I am always striving to learn more.

For a company that sells such high end motherboards and deals with advanced customers they really have some retards working the phone support over there. Anyone with half a brain would be able to see right through these people. It is really troubling to know that if I have a problem with this Motherboard in the future I will basically be on my own because I'm sure as hell not going through this again.

And what really sucks is that ASUS makes the best MOBO's on the market. They are pact with really useful features and great for over clocking. Its just to bad that their customer service is so horrendous. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Until recently, I would have agreed with you concerning ASUS' motherboards. Unfortunately, I have had a rash of bad experiences with ASUS motherboards, particularly as far as my sister's computer is concerned. Three and a half years ago, I purchased an ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard to replace an XFX motherboard that had crapped out in her computer (due to insufficient power being supplied to the motherboard), and it performed spectacularly in her system for just over three years. It died due to overheating from a defective exhause chassis fan in her case, so I found a replacement on eBay that had been used by the seller (as well as overclocked as evidenced by an aftermarket cooler's retention bracket that I found on the board after I received it) and installed it in her computer. This board lasted just over two weeks before it began exhibiting wonky behavior. So I once again went to eBay and found a slightly used M4A79 Deluxe motherboard (according to the seller, it was part of a build that he never finished after powering it up a couple of times to adjust some BIOS settings and set up a RAID array). Since RAID was not an issue for my sister, I figured this would be a worthwhile purchase. However, after flashing the BIOS to the latest version (4101), the motherboard never let me get Windows XP Pro installed on a new WD Caviar Black 1 TB hard drive that I installed with the board. Suspecting a corrupted BIOS flash, I purchased a replacement BIOS chip from a seller on eBay (it had the latest BIOS version on it) and placed it on the board after removing the original BIOS chip. Upon attempting to install Windows XP and the AHCI controller drivers for the motherboard, I encountered a problem with installing the AHCI drivers from the floppy disk and encountered a BSOD just after Windows loaded the drivers and before asking me where I wanted to install Windows. The error told me to remove any newly installed hard drives and/or ensure that they were properly installed and terminated. I will be trying Gigabyte as an alternative as a result. ASUS has simply let me down too many times in the past three or four months.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:50 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
seriously, you are talking about boards that were several years old that had other system problems, buying fixes from ebay and end up blaming asus for your problems, :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

GTX570 + Bad Windows Driver Update = End User Damaged = Out of Warranty!!! Thats what I'm dealing with. ASUS At their Finest!