Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: stay away from Best Buy online store!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:41 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I learned a lesson. Thou shall not be greedy... I saw a router on BestBuy's website and it had a rebate, so I ordered one. Bad move.

At the time of placing the order, I did not create an account for myself. I went back two days later and created an account, but that transaction was not there, which makes sense.

I waited for about 6 days, and finally the shipment came. In the package, it had a slip that specifically says "this is not a receipt!" hell, I need a receipt to claim the rebate, so I called their 888 number.

after several levels of menus and button pressing and several minutes of waiting, I was finally greeted by a lady. She said she would mail me a copy of the receipt, and meanwhile I would be receiving an email confirming that the receipt was sent.

that email never showed up.

called back a couple of days later. and this time, she reset my password to the account. I was still wondering what good that would do - never heard of anyone getting his receipt by resetting the password to the account!! but since she did it so fast, what can I do? She then says that another email is on its way to give me the new passwords... and it never came either. So I asked her to issue another request to send me a duplicate receipt, and by this time, you probably already know what i was told "you should receive an email confirming that a receipt has been sent"

I start to question the credibility of Best buy when they say something is on its way. certainly the emails never came, hoping the snail mail would be a little more reliable, that is, if Best buy indeed sent out the receipt. Maybe I should have my account password reset a few more times and see if that would make any difference.

stay away from best buy online store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:57 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Huh. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of items from them online. Never had a single problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:12 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

that is EXACTLY what the customer representative lady tried to tell me. She said many customers receive their emails without problems, so why would I be having problem receiving them.

Now i am depressed... really really depressed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:13 am 

Maybe because you didn't take the right steps and set up an account before you bought the item????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:21 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

well, on their website, it says it is optional to setup an account. since I was running in a hurry, I did not setup one. but that should not prevent me from getting a copy of the receipt, right? the same idea in grocery stores. wouldn't you be ticked off if you go to kroger to buy something and they would not give you a receipt simply because you did not sign up for their advantage card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:58 am 

Yea I'd be ticked. I'd actually go to a local BB and demand one from the manager though. Its easier to do in person and much more effective than via phone. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:27 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

since that transaction was made online, the local store won't do any good. i would've gone to the local store to make the purchase if it was also valid for B&M, but unfortunately it was an online only deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:28 pm 

You sound screwed to me then. Usually I buy the items online and then go to the store to pick the purchase up. At least with BB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:34 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Spider Monkey wrote:
You sound screwed to me then. Usually I buy the items online and then go to the store to pick the purchase up. At least with BB.

I didn't know you could do that! wow! well, I still have the last move. I haven't opened up the shrink-wrapped package yet. so if I don't have the receipt by the 16th, I will demand for a refund.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:47 pm 

There you go. At least you can get your money back and have ground to stand on while doing so.

I prefer picking it up, to prevent damage during shipping. Its close to where I live, so ordering online allows me to avoid the crowd and lines.

I don't seem to play well with other. Not sure why. It saves me the grief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Spider Monkey wrote:
There you go. At least you can get your money back and have ground to stand on while doing so.

I prefer picking it up, to prevent damage during shipping. Its close to where I live, so ordering online allows me to avoid the crowd and lines.

I don't seem to play well with other. Not sure why. It saves me the grief.

well, that's good. now I learned a new wise thing to do. i also live close to a BB, and a CC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:11 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Any chance the emails are being tagged as spam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:21 am 
BANNED
BANNED

I'm with emanresu...I've had similar experiences. The first time, I tried to buy two simple DVD's. (BTW: I've had an account on the website for quite a while.) When I made the purchase, everything went smoothly. The next morning, I had recieved an email saying that the items on my order were backordered, with no release date. Two days later, I was in the BB Store here close to me, and I thought I would see if by chance my "backordered" items were in-stock here. Sure enough, they were. I promptly bought the DVDs and when I got home, I immediately called BB and cancelled the order. The sceond time I gave them a chance, they REALLY hosed me. In short, it took a month-and-a-half to get my order. All I bought was two CD's, and they even screwed that up. Never again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:16 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

One4yu2c wrote:
Any chance the emails are being tagged as spam?

nope. I check my inbox as well as junk mail folder, nothing was from Bestbuy. I am gonna go for a refund.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

fairlane_68 wrote:
I'm with emanresu...I've had similar experiences. The first time, I tried to buy two simple DVD's. (BTW: I've had an account on the website for quite a while.) When I made the purchase, everything went smoothly. The next morning, I had recieved an email saying that the items on my order were backordered, with no release date. Two days later, I was in the BB Store here close to me, and I thought I would see if by chance my "backordered" items were in-stock here. Sure enough, they were. I promptly bought the DVDs and when I got home, I immediately called BB and cancelled the order. The sceond time I gave them a chance, they REALLY hosed me. In short, it took a month-and-a-half to get my order. All I bought was two CD's, and they even screwed that up. Never again.

have you tried to call their customer service? they have a special dialing sequence for dealing with online orders(if you dial into other department, they will still transfer you there) and it seems that there is only one lady working in that department because everytime I get to talk to her. I am hoping Bestbuy.com is not running inside someone's garage...