It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NEVER BUY A HP LAPTOP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:44 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

Ill let the picture do the explaining:

Suck ass HP tech wrote:
I am sorry, your warranty does not cover that type of damage. You will have to pay to get your laptop screen replaced, at that price, you misewell just buy a new laptop.

I really have no clue how this happens. My sister leaves it on most of the time, so it could of happened through accessive heat, but even so that would be a manufactoring error. My sister suggested that when she was drunk she may of hit it or laid somthing heavy on it.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

Post subject: Re: NEVER BUY A HP LAPTOP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:49 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Did you but the Extended Warrenty?

gamerfreak wrote:
My sister suggested that when she was drunk she may of hit it or laid somthing heavy on it.

Can she go into further detail about this bacause I would be very suspecious if I was you.

Post subject: Re: NEVER BUY A HP LAPTOP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:51 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

brand wrote:
Did you but the Extended Warrenty?

gamerfreak wrote:
My sister suggested that when she was drunk she may of hit it or laid somthing heavy on it.

Can she go into further detail about this bacause I would be very suspecious if I was you.

its hers not mine, but the whole situation pisses me off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:35 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

wtf is that thing on there?

Do you know what your warranty covers?

Always buy every warranty on higher priced electronics (at least i do), it may be more expensive but in the end it could be a life saver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:45 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

The whole situation is not enough to say "NEVER BUY A HP LAPTOP." Your sister could have knocked it over and the screen fell on a corner or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:23 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Honestly, has no one here EVER smashed a damn LCD before??!?

Those lines are cracks where the liquid or whatever is inside them has been displaced. And trust me when I say that nothing NORMAL would do that. Dropping it MAY do it but very, very likely not. Setting something on it while its closed is even less likely, unless it was quite heavy. Maybe if you sat on it? Really the only way you would do that under a normal circumstance is to have it open and to drop something heavy on it with force or throw something at it, and even then it isn't "normal".
It was NOT a manufacturing error.
It was NOT excessive heat.

Warranties don't cover you being a stupid ass and doing crap that common sense tells you not to. Putting something ridiculuously heavy or throwing rocks at a screen is the type of stuff I mean, and this is the type of stuff no warranty will cover.

HP makes good laptops. Should I stop buying Logitech keyboards becuase I spilled coffee on it and it died? Of course not. Why would you do it for this.

For all those of you who have never proken an LCD, go an find a calculator and tear the screen out, then apply pressure ( a lot ) until it cracks. You'll see what happened to the laptop screen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:35 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

willah wrote:
Honestly, has no one here EVER smashed a damn LCD before??!?

Those lines are cracks where the liquid or whatever is inside them has been displaced. And trust me when I say that nothing NORMAL would do that. Dropping it MAY do it but very, very likely not. Setting something on it while its closed is even less likely, unless it was quite heavy. Maybe if you sat on it? Really the only way you would do that under a normal circumstance is to have it open and to drop something heavy on it with force or throw something at it, and even then it isn't "normal".
It was NOT a manufacturing error.
It was NOT excessive heat.

Warranties don't cover you being a stupid ass and doing crap that common sense tells you not to. Putting something ridiculuously heavy or throwing rocks at a screen is the type of stuff I mean, and this is the type of stuff no warranty will cover.

HP makes good laptops. Should I stop buying Logitech keyboards becuase I spilled coffee on it and it died? Of course not. Why would you do it for this.

For all those of you who have never proken an LCD, go an find a calculator and tear the screen out, then apply pressure ( a lot ) until it cracks. You'll see what happened to the laptop screen

well all i got is a ti 83 and that aint worth breaking. I just read his sis could of been drunk, well if shes drunk its her fault and there shouldnt be any excuses if she broke it while drunk.

When i bought a Best Buy warranty on my CD player, the lady told me yeah you can do whatever that you could run it over drop it etc and theyd still cover for it.

As for a HP laptop, ive heard good and bad. One good thing is that my friend has one with a 3.4 ghz P4 in it and it heats up like crazy but it still runs fine and hes happy with it. A bad story was that a 3.2 p4 laptop (HP) overheated and had to be sent back to be fixed. But he got it back, and he said their service was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:48 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Azn wrote:
When i bought a Best Buy warranty on my CD player, the lady told me yeah you can do whatever that you could run it over drop it etc and theyd still cover for it.

Did you buy any special warranty? Does the manufacturer have a special policy? They could have just tacked on a special replacement policy onto the price. How long was this quarantee/warranty for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:50 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

Before u keep bustin on me willah, she has no recalection of anything. She said she never remembers laying anything on it, and just suggesting she was drunk at the time so wouldent remember it. She said she definatly didnt do anything that extreme like you had said that would damage it to that extent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:57 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

gamerfreak wrote:
Before u keep bustin on me willah, she has no recalection of anything. She said she never remembers laying anything on it, and just suggesting she was drunk at the time so wouldent remember it. She said she definatly didnt do anything that extreme like you had said that would damage it to that extent.

Bustin on you D0oOd? Whos bustin yo? I wasn't bustin on nobody, chill yo.

Who's to say that she or someone else around didn't do something extreme if no one who might have been there has a recollection of it? Something extreme must have happened, because thats really the only thing that could have caused this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:25 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

willah wrote:
Azn wrote:

Did you buy any special warranty? Does the manufacturer have a special policy? They could have just tacked on a special replacement policy onto the price. How long was this quarantee/warranty for?

Yeah you know how Best Buy has a warranty guarantee on things? Well this was 2 or 3 years ago, the warranty lasted 1 yr for 15 bucks. It dont matter anyways since i lost the cd player (they dont cover for that). And please dont quote me on more expensive items such as an HDTV because i wouldnt be sure if they would cover for something like that and if they did, the warranty would probably be much more expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:39 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I deal with a lot of broken glass and I would say someone either sat on the upper edge of the computer while it was closed or more likely leaned on it with their hand while it was closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:37 pm 

Your sister probably fell on it if she was drunk. I think we are only getting half the story here. Not HP's fault. Bill your sister :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:54 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

this happens to every brand gamer. I have a della nd IBM laptop sitting here waiting for me to replace the screen. this lady's kids stabbed it with a pen, then the other one fell out of a car(IBM) but still made it through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:52 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

I have seen Laptop screens with pencils through them. (Guy was really pissed off Win 98 crashed...yet again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:22 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

oh my god, what really happened, that worse that watching open surgery on tv, and it's still on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:11 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

I think the problem isn't HP, but more of your sister. She seems to be the defect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:29 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

gamerfreak wrote:
1. She has no recalection of anything.

2. She said she definatly didnt do anything that extreme like you had said that would damage it to that extent.

Contradict
1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).
2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.
3. To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:31 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

gamerfreak wrote:
She said she definatly didnt do anything that extreme like you had said that would damage it to that extent.

If she was drunk and cant remember hitting it or not, why can she definitely recall that she didn't do anything that extreme.

Her argument contradicts itself.

Personally, I think she hit it out of fustration and won't admit to it and is trying to place the blame elsewhere (manufacturer, excessive heat, cosmic rays, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:54 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

On second note, we need pics of gamerfreaks sister and a bottle of vodka...