Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mushkin
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:21 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

I purchased a 2x512MB of mushkin blue line cas 2-3-3 memory in august. The ram had one stick fail and had to wait till january to rma. I rma'ed through newegg to receive the same stick back and had to rma again and got a working set back at the end of february.

So I have since been using the ram fine at Auto settings to read from SPD. Well low and behold it is only may and the ram isn't stable now in games with those settings and have to use a fsb utility in windows to lower a few mhz to be stable.

I've emailed newegg asking if i can rma and pay extra for another brand or such. Might have to go buy a 512MB stick or something locally if I do have to send in again.

Ram:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146393

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:40 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

"Blah blah we can only return you the exact same blah blah"

How many times does it have to go bad in a year before they realize the ram is a bad design or doesn't like athlon 64's before they say I can get something different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:29 am 
Team Dino
Team Dino

Wow. Something bad about Newegg? :shock:

I'm about to attempt a RMA through ASUS for a P4C-800 Deluxe (Non-E). I tried calling today, and was asked for my name and number so they could perform a callback. Bleh. Never heard from them, and I REALLY hope they don't call while I'm asleep tomorrow.

But, really, a RMA problem with Newegg?!?!?!

n0b0dykn0s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:22 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

_alex911 wrote:
"Blah blah we can only return you the exact same blah blah"

How many times does it have to go bad in a year before they realize the ram is a bad design or doesn't like athlon 64's before they say I can get something different?

Have you tried Mushkin's customer service? I've never dealt with them personally, but perhaps they swap it for a different model since you're having repeated trouble with this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:39 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

I have those EXACT same sticks. i've oc'ed these sticks decently without hitting a wall and after i put them back down to stock they were fine. I havent tried tightening the latencies at stock speeds but i'd think they could be tightened. Have you thought it was your motherboard? I know in my old motherboard that was an athlon XP the memory didnt want to be stable in dual channel config.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:04 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

They ran fine for three months almost so I'm pretty sure it isn't the motherboard. Now programs are starting to crash a few mhz under speed giving "Memory at x900000 blah blah" so yeah.

Socket 754 is single channel too fyi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:14 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

I didnt know you were on a 754 board, i knew they're single channel :lol: . But with my XP they ran fine in dual channel for about 2 months then all of a sudden while gaming i'd the the 000000xb yadda yadda. I pulled my hair out troubleshooting the problem testing the sticks switched around and in different systems and it turned out once i put one in a different slot it didnt crash ever again. So try playing around with the slots on the mobo and see what happens. Also, try taking the heatspreaders off the putting them back on. And also try running just one stick. I dunno, try it all, i know mine work great, maybe you just got a lemon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:27 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

If I take the heatspreaders off I void the warranty. I may buy some cheap ocz value 512MB stick and RMA them and once I get a new set sell them and then buy some good ram...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:31 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

I emailed mushkin, now I get to see what their reply is. But yeah the last set one stick went bad, and I'm assuming the same is happening again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:30 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I had to RMA a stick back to Mushkin and had no problems returning it I told the guy that memtest reported an error on the stick and he gave me an rma number no questions. I overnighted the stick so they would get it sooner in 3 days from the day they recieved it I had a replacement not bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:15 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Turns out the third slot on my mobo went bad. The sticks do 260 at stock settings at high end of the recommended voltage of 2.8v...wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:13 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

_alex911 wrote:
Turns out the third slot on my mobo went bad. The sticks do 260 at stock settings at high end of the recommended voltage of 2.8v...wow

told ya!