Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ALienware the best? not in this universe!
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:00 pm 

Recently I and my wife's buisness needed a high powered mobile system to help us in our jobs. I am a teacher in the medical field and my wife owns a Photography studio. I was looking for a pretty powerful system that had the capacity for high memory, graphics and speed. I was put onto Alienware by some ad's, checking the spec's and comparing the system to what was out there. For my budget this system Alienware Area 51m 7700 seem like the most likely choice. I custom ordered the system to meet out spec's and waited anxiously for the system to arrive. When it did I installed the rest of the hardware and was quite pleased witht the system. That is for the 2 weeks that it ran correctly. Soon we were having problems withnthe system. and by week 3 they were becoming severe. I called Alienware tech support and then things really went down hill! First the internet quit working then the system said we had never activated Windows XP Pro which I had. Alienware of course stated it was not there problem after 2 hours on the phone with then and sent me the Microsoft where I spent another 2 hours on the phone only for them to tell me that it was not there problem and that they would not help due to the program being an OEM version of XP. NOw when I ordered the system I paid extra for WIndows XP pro and expected to get XP pro not something else. This sent me back to Alienware where there answer was to wipe out the system and reboot. Well I informed them that I was currently at work and did not have the disk with me to do this. I had to teach on the other side of the state for 2 days and when I came back I called them the next morning. They sounded suprised that I had called them back since they had not heard from me in 2 days they assumed it was fixed. I assured them it was not. They attemted to walk me through the process to wipe out my system and new problems arose. The system would not allow them wipe the hard drive. At this point some tech decided that I had a corrupted version on XP and told me to go to the internet and download some drivers onto a "Floppy drive". I then explained to him that this was our computer for internet access and it was not working so it was no possible for me to get this info. They stated that this was not there problem and I should find a computer somewhere with internet access and a floppy drive. I asked them if they could just burn a disk and send it to me and they said " NO WE DO NOT HAVE THAT CAPABILITY". What kind of computer manufactuer cannot burn a disk??? I had to hunt all over town to find someone with the capabilities to make this disk. Now I have not even had this system for a month and told them I would send the system to them to fix. They said no! I then told them due to the very, very poor customer support I wished to return the system. They said they would refund my money minus 15% restocking fee due to the system being a month old. I recieved my system on April 19th 2005 by the way and informed them of this to which they replied oh well its still 15%. So here I am at a frinds buisness still on hold with ALienware trying to get my system to work typing on his computer instead of mine and downloading driver after repair software for my crippled $3000.00 paperweight. SO if you are in the market for a good laptop please STAY AWAY FROM ALIENWARE!!! You will be much happier in the long run

Jerry Schley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:37 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

whitebook dude...whitebook..its the way to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:03 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

You know if I were you I would tell the watchdog about this and have him talk to alienware about this. It seems that the watchdog can solve lots of peoples problems so I would do that in a hurry :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:16 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

If you paid by credit card do a charge back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:36 am 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Dude, hit them over here too:

www.resellerratings.com

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1650.html