Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Monarch Computer Systems
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

You've probably seen their advertisments in every one of MPC's editions which is what pointed me in their direction. Their AMD 64 combos are more expensive than at NewEgg, but with 2 free kickass games and couple months of free napster, I figured the extra couple bucks would be worth it. So I ordered last Sunday. Since they estimate it could take from 1-3 days to ship a mobo+proc combo, I paid extra 25+ bucks for 2 day shipping thinking that only a bunch of complete retards couldnt get it shipped from GA to SC in 2 days. After 4 days of no response on my order status, I called the company (this was yesterday) and asked them if something was wrong. They checked my order and said "Looks like its being shipped right now." So I said ok and hoped the 2 day shipping would get it here before the weekend. I checked my tracking number shortly ago and was baffled by what in the hell they were doing. Check this out:

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?a ... 3728245772

Can somebody tell me why in the hell it took 13 hours to end up in the same location? While I know this isn't Monarch's fault, I do believe they forgot to ship my package originally and rushed it off to fedex in a hurry. At this point, I think I'll be lucky if it ever reaches my house because tomorrow at 5PM, it'll probably just be arriving at Atlanta again.

Sorry for the vent guys, but we all know how anxious us computer buyers get when we have gear on the way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:48 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

This has always happened to me and everytime the packages got here before ETA.

I think you deserve something extra from Monarch since you ordered 2-Day, but you didn't get it in 2 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:05 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Aye, 11:05PM and no package. Guess I'll see it Monday =[ Was hoping to enjoy some hardcore gaming over the weekend before I begin work next week. Ah well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:39 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I wanted to give a conclusion on this.

I finally recieved my stuff yesterday 6 business days later. I posted on their forums and then read through some other threads in their support section.. unfortunately, it seems complaints about their expedience are widespread and not just a mishap with me. However, the products were in good shape when they arrived and there was 3 pages of Monarch Support Tips which listed the most common building problems and bugs. So basically, if you aren't in a rush, give these guys a try. But if you are an experienced computer user who just wants the parts asap, just go newegg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:32 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Newegg charges your card right away but takes a few business days to ship. So they aren't that bad then.