Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: another newegg rocks story
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:02 pm 

I know almost everyone here loves newegg and knows how great they are but I had to pass this on because it shows just how great newegg is. Back in Feb I built a new system and among the components was a Sony DW-D22A DL DVD burner, well for some reason I was so caught up in the joy that is an Athlon 64 sytem that I never fully tested it out. Through normal use I burned and played cd's and burned DVD's but for some reason I never tried playing a commercial DVD until April 12th I tried finding info here and in other forums and though I found several people with similar problems I could find nothing in the way of a fix (Now I begin to think that bought a drive that is doomed to be the next 'Deathstar'), I tried the drive 2 systems at work to no avail, then after receiving advice from here to just send it back, I did. After I sent it I had discovered that I had apparently sent the movie I tested the drive with (I know this is pathetic but it was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) to newegg still in the drive. :roll: So then today I called them to ask them to check for me and then tonight I get an email that not only are they extending the 30 day refund to me but they are Fedexing my movie back to me :lol:

Just had to share that with you guys

Post subject: Re: another newegg rocks story
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:08 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

zapthepunctual wrote:
So then today I called them to ask them to check for me and then tonight I get an email that not only are they extending the 30 day refund to me but they are Fedexing my movie back to me :lol:

Glad to hear it! It's the little things such as the above that will have me leaning towards Newegg if we're talking about a nominal price difference - any more than a couple of bucks however, and I switch into 'cheapskate' mode. ;)