Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HP SUPPORT! More Like HP Confuse the Customer Page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:08 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I went to HP to try to get information on my Asus K8N8X-LA Mobo (read about it Here) And they have just the shittiest customer support ever. How the hell am i supposed to figure out what my computer is when all they tell me is from the case which is a HP Pavillion a650e.
WHAT THE HELL SERIES IS THAT?
Why do they have such a bad freaking system? why cant they just say "attach dxdiag here" and have one type of support question? Why cant they just have "Desktops" instead of "Desktops>50 different Series>30 Different Types in that series>more stupid shit"

I am so fed up with freaking HP, i swear i refuse to buy any more HP. I am boycotting HP from now on, and i am convincing several friends to do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:52 am 
Team Member
Team Member

HP has always sucked.

I will never buy an HP printer, computer, anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Why did you get an HP in the first place? Its common sense that they along with other large builders suck greatly (for the most part)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:42 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

because it was from June and i didnt know they suck asshole yet... -.-

big mistake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:30 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

IMHO, HP used to be a fine company, until they merged with compaq. Now talk about a suckass computer! HP just cloned the compaq computers and now they bother suck. :roll:

Fold Until A Cure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:01 am 
Team Member
Team Member

lol
i can barely fold on my POS HP. =/
'course Best Buy and HP rank right up close to eachother on Customer Support.
about a .00001 on a scale of 1-100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:43 pm 

Just asking but I have a HP computer model HP Pavillion a642n which is like a HP Pavillion a650e but only a bit different which I don't know how. Mine also has a Asus K8N8X-LA Mobo and IT SUCKS!!! What power supply did you get and how much does it give out? Have you had any problems with your computer? My asus pc probe keeps saying something is wrong with the power so I got a new psu giving out 410 watts but the pc probe still said the samething so I got pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:05 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I have problems hooking things up to the Mobo (power light, USB panels, etc). The only thing that is good on this mobo besides it's 64 bit compatability is.... nothing. it sucks. end of story.

and the power supply i have NOW (my old HP case's power supply is on the inside and i dont want to look right now..) is a 350 W something something that came with my Enermax case :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:02 pm 

I wonder if hp will soon close down due to lack of smarts. I can't stand the support since I have to give info about everything everytime witch takes 15 minutes then the dude with the taliban accant asks things like is your computer pluged in and is it turned on and if so then turn it off then back on....did that help??? Man I want to just toss this pc into a pool of water with it turned on and watch the sparks fly sometimes. Well hp was never smart so that motherboard you have doesent have anything you would really want except intergrated audio,eathernet, or whatever but it really isnt good for gameing even if it has a 8x agp since a geforce 6800 gt didnt help me a bit. Instead it messed up my operating system after hp said it would work and it didnt. Just sell it for some money and save up some money and get a better motherboard. Makesure it has intergrated gigabyte eathernet and audio and support for some fast ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:06 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

yea, i was thinking about it. Ive only got 50 bux on me right now, but once i cash in my coin thing (been farkin collectin since June last year lol) i should have at least 120 bux. and im building my dad a PC, and he will most likely pay me ~7-10 bux an hour to build it. so i can most likely buy a new mobo soon enuff... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:36 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Throw linux on it, problem solved. Linux does not care how crappy a system hah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:48 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Brvhrt wrote:
IMHO, HP used to be a fine company, until they merged with compaq. Now talk about a suckass computer! HP just cloned the compaq computers and now they bother suck. :roll:

Fold Until A Cure

I have to disagree. If you go to the Compaq side, the support is much better. The sites are like night & day.

Post subject: Re: HP SUPPORT! More Like HP Confuse the Customer Page
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:29 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Zambini wrote:
Why do they have such a bad freaking system? why cant they just say "attach dxdiag here" and have one type of support question? Why cant they just have "Desktops" instead of "Desktops>50 different Series>30 Different Types in that series>more stupid shit"
:snicker:
Go to HP.com. Look at the bottom right hand corner. Click on the 'driver downloads' link. It brings you to another page where you type in the model of your PC. In your case, it's a Pavilion a650e.
Doing that, I managed to find a page where I can download Manuals in PDF's, drivers and other crap.

Manuals
Drivers (WinXP only)

As you can tell, I've had to visit that crappy site many times. We use a lot of HP's here at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:32 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Thanx TW, but i already got all that stuff when i bought my PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:11 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Blondie wrote:
Brvhrt wrote:

Fold Until A Cure

I have to disagree. If you go to the Compaq side, the support is much better. The sites are like night & day.

uhhhh..if you read what I said, I said the computers suck. I didnt comment on the support. I used to install and fix broadband installations for Cox. In that capasity I worked on several hundred computers. Take my word for it, Compaq sucks. I had customers apoligize for having one, no s***. :roll:

and you got your computer experience from:

A) I read about it once

B) I read about here on the forum and it sounded like good advice to pass on

C) I've built several computers and really know what I'm talking about

D) None of the above :roll:

FOLD UNTIL A CURE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:14 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Brvhrt wrote:
Blondie wrote:
Brvhrt wrote:

Fold Until A Cure

uhhhh..if you read what I said, I said the computers suck. I didnt comment on the support.

Yeah, I read what you wrote & had I not had my 11 year old daughter bugging me to use the laptop while we were on vacation, my comment would have been longer. You said HP's used to be good until the merge with Compaq- my comment about Compaq's support was basically saying B.S. HP has never been good. If you compare both support sites, the Compaq side is better & always has been.

As to the actual computers, I've never owned an HP but from what I've seen, you can't even compare them to Compaq- Compaq makes a better box- HP is the cheap version of Compaq. I've seen more people with HP problems than Compaq.

Brvhrt wrote:
I used to install and fix broadband installations for Cox. In that capasity I worked on several hundred computers. Take my word for it, Compaq sucks. I had customers apoligize for having one, no s***. :roll:

and you got your computer experience from:

A) I read about it once

B) I read about here on the forum and it sounded like good advice to pass on

C) I've built several computers and really know what I'm talking about

D) None of the above :roll:

FOLD UNTIL A CURE

Did you mean to insult me, because that's how I'm reading what you wrote.
I'm going to stop here Ken, because for now I'm not going to sink to your level.....

Post subject: HP SUPPORT! More Like HP Confuse the Customer Page
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:58 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

must have been one of those nights last night....

Last edited by Blondie on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:04 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Blondie, eat a box of chocolates, watch "spaceballs" then deal with him.
Just an insult, brush it off, no biggie. [yo!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:42 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Dont get mad blondie

people are bad when they get mad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:38 am 

There's actually a class action suit against HP for anyone who bought one post 2001 relating directly to their horrid practice of using restore disks over giving you a real Windows disk, misrepresentation of products, etc.... I'm not sure if your model is one of them but you may be eligble to get on board ... although it may never result in anything for you personally the thought of having HP forced to cut a check for you is titilating. Check it out:
http://www.computersettlement.com/