Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: EA tech support has dropped the ball
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I've been having a problem reinstalling two games from EA. For some reason the installer isn't finding objects.pak files from either game disc. So I went to EA and submitted a tech assist. The response:

"Dear EA Customer,

Thank you for submitting your inquiry. Case Number 05449142 has been created and tied to your question, and a game expert will contact you shortly.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and patience, and look forward to getting in touch.

Regards,

EA Customer Experience"

An automated reply which I expected.

"Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I have gone through the issue and understand that you are facing an installation issue with the game.
I know how frustrating the situation could be. I will assist you in the best way I can.

Please follow the steps given below.

1.End Background Task:

1. Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
2. Click the "Processes" tab.
3. Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
4. Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
5. Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
6. Click on END PROCESS
7. Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Delete Temporary Folder:

1. Double click on "My Computer"
2. Double click on the C: drive
3. Double click on the "Windows" folder.
4. Double click on the "Temp" folder.
5. Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.
6. Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.

Please do reply with the outcome.

Electronic Arts looks forward to hear from you. In case of any help, please get in touch with us anytime. Alternatively, please visit our extensive knowledge base online: http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Ajit
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

Attachments"

Well, that didn't work. Went to the EA site, opened my case file and replied that it had not worked. The next email:

"Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts again.

I am glad that you tried the steps provided. If you are installing the game from disk and getting error then it means some files have missed from the disk. So please try the below link and provide me the game code to investigate further:

https://help.ea.com/article/cd-rom-troubleshooting

If the error still persists then please try to install the game in other computer and see the problem persists or not.

Electronic Arts looks forward to hear from you. Alternatively, please visit our extensive knowledgebase online: http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Vipul
Electronics Arts- World Wide Customer Experience"

How can they be missing from the DVD? It installed perfectly fine right after I bought it. So now it can't find files that were on the DVD the first time I installed?
Huh?

"Dear David,

You recently asked for assistance on a case, but we haven't heard from you in a while.

If you still need our help, please login and review the details of case 05449142.

We want you to get the most out of your EA games, so don't hesitate to contact us. If you decide not to respond, your case will automatically close in four days.

Thank you for contacting EA!

Regards,
EA Customer Experience"

Went back to the site, logged in and told them, again, it didn't work.

"Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts again and thank you for the game codes of the games.

Please accept my apologies for any delay in addressing your issue. I can understand the frustration you are enduring at the moment for not getting a timely reply, but please know that due to high volume of contacts we were unable to provide our level best to get back to you as fast as possible.

Actually, to get this sorted I can provide you the Digital Download of the game Crysis Warhead and Crysis to your account "dedgar@juno.com". To provide you the Digital version of the game, please follow the below provided steps:

1. Create an account in www.pogo.com by "dxxxxx@xxxx.com" account.

2. Login into www.profile.ea.com using the EA email id and password.

3. Scroll down the page, click on " Add Persona".

4. Select option " existing EA classic screen name". It will open a login window.

5. Login using pogo screen name and password.

6. Click on " Add Persona".

7. Now pogo screen name should appear under " Select a default persona" heading.

8. Double click on the pogo screen name.

Once you have completed the steps please get back to us.

Electronic Arts appreciates your efforts and involvement in our Games and take this opportunity to express our gratitude. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You may access our online knowledgebase on: http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Rubul
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience"

Did as they asked. Not sure why, but did it.

"Dear David,

This support case is now closed.We have assigned case number 05449142 to this interaction and included it in your case history so you can refer to its details as needed, or if you need to contact us again regarding this same issue. Please remember that you may need to log in to our Help Center to view your case details.

As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. By taking a short survey about your experience with EA, you can help us improve our service to you:

Click here to take Survey

We listen, and we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our games, our people and our community. We very much appreciate you as our customer, and assisting you today was our pleasure.

Regards,

Shresth G.
EA Customer Experience"

Closed????? Excuse me, we haven't fixed anything yet. So why close the file??????
Logged in to EA again.

"Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Owing to the inflow of Emails, we could not respond immediately.

As per you request, I have added the games on your EA account. Hence, please login to the client to download the game on your PC. To download the client, please visit the below mentioned link:

http://www.origin.com/in/download

After you have installed the client, please perform the following steps:
1. Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
2. Find the game you want to download under the My Games tab.
3. Mouse over the game and click the orange Download button.

I hope the information provided above resolves the issue. If the problem persists, please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You may access our online knowledge base on: http://help.ea.com/

Electronic Arts appreciates your efforts and involvement in our Games and take this opportunity to express our gratitude.

Regards,
Shresth
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience"

(Heavy sigh) Opened another case file to tell them that this didn't work either. I can log in, I can open the My Games tab. But there is NOTHING THERE!!!!
How do you close out a case file that is NOT resolved. I certainly did not tell them that things were good.
I'm not exactly happy with EA tech support at the moment.

Post subject: Re: EA tech support has dropped the ball
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Considering this is EA, I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
thats odd, I just had an issue with DLC that was purchased from bioware for mass effect 2 and they handled it the same day as I was able to chat live with a tech.

can you use your key to register the game on steam, then you can download it whenever you want? I have not done it, but the option is there to do it on their main page.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

As I said in the op, I didn't have a problem installing them when I bought them. So why now? Why can't the same file be found on two different DVD's for two different games.
The file that can't be found: objects.pak
The games: Crysis and Crysis Warhead.
I don't care to go thru Steam to install these. They should install properly from the DVD's I paid for, period.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:22 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
well, sorry, I will refrain from trying to help you in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

g.m.,didn't mean to ruffle you.
I just want the games to load like they should without having to resort to another medium.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:47 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

A few more problems today and yesterday.
Yesterday went to the site the latest email told me to and downloaded the file I was asked to. Installed it and went to the My Games tab as asked. Nothing was there. Both games were supposed to be there for my downloading/installing/playing pleasure.
Went back to EA support and told them that. They emailed me back that the games were there. (Here we go again.)
This morning I go back and check again except that now it (the EA site) isn't accepting my log in. Keeps telling me that my log in name or password is not correct. (Sigh)
Spent the next half hour trying to get my password updated. I would click on the Forgot Your Password link, fill out a new password, wait for the Your Password has been Updated confirmation email and try to log in again only to be greeted with Your Log in Name or Password Is Not Correct. Finally about 10AM I gave up and uninstalled that which they told me to install.
Went about my business for a while.
Came back about 1:45 PM and now I can log in again at the EA site. (Halleluiah!) Redownload/reinstall the file they told me to. I can now log in there to. (Another halleluiah!)
The two games are now under the My Games tab. (A third halleluiah!)
I'm d/l'ing one now and will the other after this one gets done.
I told EA about this log in problem and specifically added 'Do NOT close out this file until I have downloaded/installed/played both games to make sure they are right.'
We'll see.