Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: beware newegg and motherboards
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:23 am 

I have a bone to pick about newegg. I have had motherboards from newegg before that looked like they had been returned. Most worked, but one or two did not and newegg always replaced them for me. I'm willing to bet anyone who has used newegg before knows what I'm talking about. I ordered this computer but due to a new baby arrival in the family early was unable to build it right away. But, when I first opened this most recent motherboard I could tell it had been a previous return. The packaging wasn't sealed, it was missing cables, etc. I also noticed the pins looked off and possibly bent, but tried it anyways. As expected, it didn't work. Wouldn't power on, but just "blipped" instead. So, I called newegg, and even though I was 2 days past their 30 day mark they were ok with that and let me send it back for replacement. This is what I would expect from newegg as their service has always been great.

But apparently, this time I'm being blamed. I've been told that newegg will not replace the motherboard for me because they claim I bent the pins. This isn't my first rodeo. I've built hundreds of computers. (used to do it for a living, though now I'm a Sr. Sys Admin) I have bought many motherboards and computers from newegg as well over the years. They had always been known for great customer service. But bad customer service is when you sell previously opened motherboards and then blame the next customer for something someone else did.

I hope it was worth them stiffing me for a $100 motherboard. I have tried both emailing and calling customer service, and being polite and trying to get this rectified. But newegg refuses. I'm actually shocked, I've never had a problem with newegg before. But now I'll take my business elsewhere. I was always willing to pay a little more for parts from newegg because the service was great. Boy was I wrong.

Post subject: Re: beware newegg and motherboards
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Here's a question, did the motherboard not say "Refurbished" or "Recertified"?

Post subject: Re: beware newegg and motherboards
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 am 

It did not. I only buy the new ones and am aware of the refurb ones. This was sold as a new motherboard. Which is actually even more annoying, as they are sending the board back to me now (useless, since it's damaged) but also not giving me the stuff that was missing from the box. It's just all really aggravating and disappointing. :(

Here is the link to the board I bought, which now is listed as discontinued. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157271 (was listed as discontinued within the last few days)